Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Sick Of Huge Cable Bills, But NEED Your Boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
    I have a decent sized tv(42 inch) and the quality is pretty bad. Also reading other people's reviews it seems like I am not the only one who thinks this. To each his own I guess but I couldn't recommend it to anyone. I suppose it's better than an online stream.
    HBO should really think about adding a live stream to their app. Showtime has one so why doesn't HBO. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if the fights didn't take 3 or 4 days to be uploaded on the app.

As for Sling TV, you have to pay for the $20 for the 20 channels plus $15 for HBO. If they would just offer HBO by itself I would be more than happy too pay but $35 just for one channel, no thanks.

Right now my set up is

Playstation Vue: 29.99 for 55+ channels

USTVNOW on their Free Plan

Showtime APP ( Not Showtime Anytime) 11.99

Amazon Prime: 8.99 a month

And I just go to my parents house when HBO fights come on and watch it with my family.

If you have the time and patience, create a email address once a week and take advantage of slings seven day free trail. Make sure you choose HBO as one of the add-ons, watch the fight, than cancel that **** the next week. Rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by SilverMiles; 04-24-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I have Sling TV, that **** is garbage, video quality is terrible. Hopefully it gets better down the line, but playstation vue is the better option for now.
      SlingTV is the shit man. No offense but either your internet connection is sub par or you are just straight up using an unpreferred device to stream it on. Sling suggests the Roku (set top box, not stick) for SlingTV however, the Amazon devices should be just fine. The set top boxes are typically much better than the sticks though, including the Amazon Fire TV > Amzn Fire Stick. The quality simply can't be garbage unless your internet connection is bad because it runs the quality based on your connection.

Mine is always on 1080p/HD unless there is a sudden surge on my network then the quality can drop down for a few seconds before it picks up again. Happens very rarely though.

OP has a good premise though. The basic package on SlingTV is $20 a month I believe, and then you can add a Showtime and HBO package too for a little extra.

I think Sling has a sports package that's $5 extra too. I can't remember if it includes FS1 or NBCS, it's one of those. I just wish they had Spike TV.
      Last edited by Nubia; 04-25-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I have an IPTV paid service for $100 a year, all the HD sports I need with 0 buffering.

Comment

The only reason I miss cable is so I could dvr all the fights. HBO's ap pisses me the **** off. They out on all their tv shows the minute the live airing starts, but their boxing doesn't go up for weeks sometimes. Showtime at least streams live like you said.

BTW FS1 has an ap.you can watch boxing and mma on the Amazon fire. Kodi works well also it just has averase sometimes ****ty quality.
          Last edited by -Antonio-; 04-25-2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Honestly I am tired of my cable bill (Time Warner) but streaming is just not the same. I got a jail broken Amazon firestick for Christmas (dont rat on me please lol) and although its kinda cool for somethings like movies or what not, it sucks for fights. Until they come up with something full proof or PBC takes over, I am sticking with my $159 cable bundle with HBO and Showtime.

Comment

FYI you can't use the stuff OP mentions outside the US. I don't know if this has mentioned this but it should be noted.

Comment

Damn right

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                  SlingTV is the shit man. No offense but either your internet connection is sub par or you are just straight up using an unpreferred device to stream it on. Sling suggests the Roku (set top box, not stick) for SlingTV however, the Amazon devices should be just fine. The set top boxes are typically much better than the sticks though, including the Amazon Fire TV > Amzn Fire Stick. The quality simply can't be garbage unless your internet connection is bad because it runs the quality based on your connection.

Mine is always on 1080p/HD unless there is a sudden surge on my network then the quality can drop down for a few seconds before it picks up again. Happens very rarely though.

OP has a good premise though. The basic package on SlingTV is $20 a month I believe, and then you can add a Showtime and HBO package too for a little extra.

I think Sling has a sports package that's $5 extra too. I can't remember if it includes FS1 or NBCS, it's one of those. I just wish they had Spike TV.
                  No offense taken, but I can only speak from my own experiences. Maybe it's because I am using chromecast, but I doubt it. I have tried Playstation Vue and the quality is significantly better, but then again I do use my ps4 for that.

Comment

No offense taken, but I can only speak from my own experiences. Maybe it's because I am using chromecast, but I doubt it. I have tried Playstation Vue and the quality is significantly better, but then again I do use my ps4 for that.
                    Yeah, it could simply just boil down to Sling's Chromecast app being subpar itself. The actual apps themselves differ slightly between different type of devices. I have Sling on my Roku 3 and it's amazing. The few times I've ran Sling on my Amazon Fire Stick (that I got for free for subbing to Sling) it's sorta laggy at times and freezes once in a while. Also the interfaces are slightly different on each one. I don't have a PS4 but Vue does look pretty sick. Do you get those odd ball channels that show boxing? Like Spike TV, FS1, NBCS, Bounce, etc?

That's the only downside to Sling. I have to stream boxing when it's on FS1, NBCS or Spike TV.

NBC, FOX and CBS can be gotten thru a simple HD antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      The only reason I miss cable is so I could dvr all the fights. HBO's ap pisses me the **** off. They out on all their tv shows the minute the live airing starts, but their boxing doesn't go up for weeks sometimes. Showtime at least streams live like you said.

BTW FS1 has an ap.you can watch boxing and mma on the Amazon fire. Kodi works well also it just has averase sometimes ****ty quality.
                      FS1 does have an app but you still need some type of cable service to get log in credentials. You can't watch it for free as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
                      X