No announcement yet.

OBAMA says I ROCK! more Boots on the Ground for IRAQ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
    US President Barack Obama is reportedly preparing to approve the deployment of more US troops to Iraq to train up local forces fighting Islamic State.

He is considering up to 500 additional troops as well as a new training base in Iraq's Anbar province, unnamed US officials were quoted as saying.

President Obama said earlier this week the US lacked a "complete strategy" for helping Iraq regain territory from IS.

IS has recently made gains in Iraq despite US-led coalition air strikes.

In May the militants seized Ramadi, the capital of Anbar, Iraq's largest province, as well as the Syrian town of Tadmur and the neighbouring ancient ruins of Palmyra.

IS fighters took control of Iraq's second city Mosul a year ago.

The US National Security Council said it was now "considering a range of options to accelerate the training and equipping of Iraqi security forces".

"Those options include sending additional trainers," spokesman Alistair Baskey said.

General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told journalists on a visit to Jerusalem that there would be no fundamental change to Mr Obama's military strategy in Iraq.

But, he added, the service chiefs had "made some recommendations on potential enhancements to the training and equip mission".

Told you so
    To be fair, they are going over to train them, not fight the war for them. I'm very interested in seeing how the republicans react to this with the coming elections on the horizon.

Obama has severely disappointed in his last two decisions concerning the new "Patriot Act" and this.

Fuk, I know ole Bushy boy was responsible for this, but I don't want any Americans over there PERIOD. Let those fukers deal with that **** themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      To be fair, they are going over to train them, not fight the war for them. I'm very interested in seeing how the republicans react to this with the coming elections on the horizon.

Obama has severely disappointed in his last two decisions concerning the new "Patriot Act" and this.

Fuk, I know ole Bushy boy was responsible for this, but I don't want any Americans over there PERIOD. Let those fukers deal with that **** themselves.
      Democrats will win again, and they will win the congress after that. as Yogi Berra say dejavu all over again!.

Comment

Yeah, lets completely destroy somebody's country and once the heat is too much, flee and "let them deal with that **** themselves". The murican way. Disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
          Yeah, lets completely destroy somebody's country and once the heat is too much, flee and "let them deal with that **** themselves". The murican way. Disgraceful.
          It was Bush, it wasn't Obama. We need to learn from our mistakes, not repeat them.

Comment

It was Bush, it wasn't Obama. We need to learn from our mistakes, not repeat them.
            No you make mistakes, and then run away from them instead of resolving them so they get worse.

Comment

No you make mistakes, and then run away from them instead of resolving them so they get worse.
              The resolution is not doing the same dumb **** again, what part of that don't you get?

You think going into another war is the answer? Only a complete moron who is brainwashed by Fauxnews would even consider this. The vast majority of the American public does NOT want another war.

This isn't something that will be fixed in a few months, with some bombs. They don't want us there, never did. None of those people trust us, or want to be friends with us. Get the fuk out, let them fight their own battles and we need to stop butting our nose where it doesn't belong.

Comment

The resolution is not doing the same dumb **** again, what part of that don't you get?
                It's not about what you're not going to do. It's about what you did wrong and then failed to make it right, that's what YOU don't understand. The effects of the Iraq war hasn't come even remotely close to being resolved, on the contrary everything has only gotten worse BECAUSE of it.

You think going into another war is the answer? Only a complete moron who is brainwashed by Fauxnews would even consider this. The vast majority of the American public does NOT want another war.
                Only a complete moron would have voted for Bush in 04, and that explains the majority of the American people.

Going into Iraq to take out Isis would not be "another war". Isis is in a stalemate with Iraqi farmers who picked up a rifle for the first time a few weeks ago. These rats only have numbers. Any time a competent force like the Peshmerga or Hezbollah fought them Isis got their **** pushed in. But unfortunately these armies are too small to liberate the entirity of Iraq.

What do you think the US and their strongest army in the world would do to them? You're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about, you're simply looking for justification so that your disgraceful country can continue to run away from the problems that they created.

Comment

It's not about what you're not going to do. It's about what you did wrong and then failed to make it right, that's what YOU don't understand. The effects of the Iraq war hasn't come even remotely close to being resolved, on the contrary everything has only gotten worse BECAUSE of it.
                  Going to war in Iraq was what was wrong...period. There was no right strategy, there is no way to "fix" it. Going in there is literally going into a cluster fuk that will bog us down. Get out, leave that **** hole and never return.

Only a complete moron would have voted for Bush in 04, and that explains the majority of the American people.

Going into Iraq to take out Isis would not be "another war". Isis is in a stalemate with Iraqi farmers who picked up a rifle for the first time a few weeks ago. These rats only have numbers. Any time a competent force like the Peshmerga or Hezbollah fought them Isis got their **** pushed in. But unfortunately these armies are too small to liberate the entirity of Iraq.

What do you think the US and their strongest army in the world would do to them? You're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about, you're simply looking for justification so that your disgraceful country can continue to run away from the problems that they created.
                  It really amazes me the way couch warriors so easily send other people's brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers to their death. If you think the good ole USA is going to go in there, wipe the floor with these people, be greeted as hero's, then ride off into the sunset, then you truly are naive.

People will die, enemies will blur like last time and the very people we defend, will turn on us and kill us. This isn't our war, it is theirs. Let them take out their own trash.

I don't think 1 American life should be put in danger. You seem to think it's like some video game, it's not. One death is too much.

Comment

Going to war in Iraq was what was wrong...period. There was no right strategy, there is no way to "fix" it. Going in there is literally going into a cluster fuk that will bog us down. Get out, leave that **** hole and never return.
                    You still can't acknowledge the fact that the effects of your country's actions are directly responsible for the trainwreck that Iraq is today. You're a bigger coward than I thought but then again that doesn't surprise me because a lot of Americans are like that.

Guess what, Iraq wasn't a "cluster f4ck" untill your country turned it into one. All the propaganda about the Saddam regime can't justify or hide that fact.

It really amazes me the way couch warriors so easily send other people's brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers to their death. If you think the good ole USA is going to go in there, wipe the floor with these people, be greeted as hero's, then ride off into the sunset, then you truly are naive.
                    The US is the lesser of two evils, that's why they're not going to be "greeted as hero's" for cleaning up their mess.

If intruders went into your house and tore the places down and raped and killed family members and then left. Then a second group of criminals comes in and does the same, if the first group of intruders comes back to save you this time, would you greet them as hero's? That would be the situation in Iraq if the US took their responsibility and cleaned up the country instead of funding Isis.

People will die, enemies will blur like last time and the very people we defend, will turn on us and kill us. This isn't our war, it is theirs. Let them take out their own trash.
                    No, this is your war as well. You either have no clue about the history of events since 03 or you're trying to run away from them.

I don't think 1 American life should be put in danger. You seem to think it's like some video game, it's not. One death is too much.
                    I would bet that 10.000 Yazidi children being sexually enslaved and then killed by Isis are not worth as much as 1 american death to you. That's the mentality of a lot of Americans.

Comment

You still can't acknowledge the fact that the effects of your country's actions are directly responsible for the trainwreck that Iraq is today. You're a bigger coward than I thought but then again that doesn't surprise me because a lot of Americans are like that.

Guess what, Iraq wasn't a "cluster f4ck" untill your country turned it into one. All the propaganda about the Saddam regime can't justify or hide that fact.
                      I didn't vote for Bush and was against the wars. What part of that do you not understand? You like to argue strawmen don't you....

The US is the lesser of two evils, that's why they're not going to be "greeted as hero's" for cleaning up their mess.

If intruders went into your house and tore the places down and raped and killed family members and then left. Then a second group of criminals comes in and does the same, if the first group of intruders comes back to save you this time, would you greet them as hero's? That would be the situation in Iraq if the US took their responsibility and cleaned up the country instead of funding Isis.
                      They don't want us there, and don't need us there. Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia are more than capable of taking out ISIS.

No, this is your war as well. You either have no clue about the history of events since 03 or you're trying to run away from them.
                      I understand the history very well, that's why I'm not trying to repeat it.

I would bet that 10.000 Yazidi children being sexually enslaved and then killed by Isis are not worth as much as 1 american death to you. That's the mentality of a lot of Americans.
                      You have to be the biggest moron in this place and that's saying a lot. When did I say that? BTW, who went in and rescued the Yazidi? Oh...the Great Satan himself.

Go troll somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X