Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Foreigners Like Mainstream American Beer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
    this is the truth.

they have some good lagers coming outta Holland too, Grolsch, Amstel, Heineken, etc.

My favorite lager right now is probably Zywiec from Poland.

amstel and heineken?

this is what you eurites drink?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      amstel and heineken?

this is what you eurites drink?
      Sure man.

They are not my favs though, I like Stella Artois, Kronenburg, lots of the German lagers as they are brewed in accordance with the reinheitsgebot (German purity Law), someone mentioned Becks which would be well known in the US too.

The Spanish make very tasty lagers like San Miguel, Alhambra, Cruzcampo, etc. But if you can find Zywiec from Poland anywhere, it is real good. Szef will agree on this I know.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
        Sure man.

They are not my favs though, I like Stella Artois, Kronenburg, lots of the German lagers as they are brewed in accordance with the reinheitsgebot (German purity Law), someone mentioned Becks which would be well known in the US too.

The Spanish make very tasty lagers like San Miguel, Alhambra, Cruzcampo, etc. But if you can find Zywiec from Poland anywhere, it is real good. Szef will agree on this I know.

becks in the states is disgusting. it tastes skunked. not sure if that's because it's so bad that it sits in the liquor store for a long time, or if it comes out of the brewery tasting nasty.

heineken is also not a good beer. it's consumed in america because it's seen as a "premium lager" because of their advertising campaign.

Comment

Asking a Fat Yank to make a decent beer is like asking one not to bomb people. It's ingrained in their primitive, burger-eating nature. They simply can't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            Asking a Fat Yank to make a decent beer is like asking one not to bomb people. It's ingrained in their primitive, burger-eating nature. They simply can't help it.
            I am sure there are smaller breweries in the US producing quality beer. But the best beer undoubtedly originates from ole Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              Beer I drink

Kronenbourg - French
              Estrella - Spanish
              Peroni - italian
              San Miguel - Spanish
              Cobra - Indian/UK

Beers I don't mind

Becks - German
              Amstel- Dutch
              Castle - South African
              Red stripe - Jamaica
              Grolsch - Dutch

I don't need to even think about American beer when we have such high quality lager in Europe
              Good choices. I would add "Guinness" from Ireland.
              And for the latino american beers:
              Cusqueña from Perú
              Sol, Negra Modelo y Carta Blanca from México.
              Kross, Kunstmann and Cuello Negro from Chile.
              The only beer from U.S that i have drunk it's Budweiser I think. But probably they have some quality beer, made in local places.

Comment

Originally posted by ArgentinaX View Post
                Just a question.

Plenty of local home brewed **** to choose from, but I want to know about the big ones. Coors, Bud, Busch, etc.
                No they dont. It isnt available.

Comment

Originally posted by ArgentinaX View Post
                  Just a question.

Plenty of local home brewed **** to choose from, but I want to know about the big ones. Coors, Bud, Busch, etc.
                  No they dont. It isnt available. Even if it was probably wouldnt be successful every country has their own already basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                    No they dont. It isnt available. Even if it was probably wouldnt be successful every country has their own already basically.

it would also be much, much more expensive. it would eventually have to take a trip across the atlantic in a container ship.

who wants to pay out the ass for a coors lite?

Comment

Working...
                    X