No announcement yet.

"Mayweather doesn't fight like a man"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
    Nobody should hate on any style it take balls to get in the ring but its easy as **** to be a key board warrior.
    This exactly, all of these keyboard warriors calling real fighters names is crazy, but hey these keyboard b!tches are what they are

Comment

Mayweather takes too much punishment trying to appease the "fans". His best style is defensive and it works for him. Man or no man he's ranked p4p #1 for a reason. At least respect that.

Comment

Who the hell wants to end up punch drunk. All them toe to toe wars you guys love ill admit is exciting but if you're the one fighting or training a fighter would you want to do it. If floyd was to fight toe to toe he'd get ktfo lol. Fighting toe to toe doesn't make you any more of a man than fighting backwards. All them damn punches will make you sound like james toney.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          Step in the ring and try shoulder rolling the person in front of you, avoiding their punches by a whisker so that you can pull counter etc. It has been said before but he suffers from making things look to easy. It is a difficult style to perfect because it leaves you feeling so exposed to danger.

so what's your point? he's a defensive fighter isn't that what he's supposed to do? the guy i quoted was trying to make it appear like what floyd is doing is something out of the norm when in fact it's not.

if floyd goes out of his comfort zone and do something unexpected then yeah it's a news.

and lol @ it leaves you feeling so exposed to danger
          how about offensive fighters who actually take more risks?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            so what's your point? he's a defensive fighter isn't that what he's supposed to do? the guy i quoted was trying to make it appear like what floyd is doing is something out of the norm when in fact it's not.

if floyd goes out of his comfort zone and do something unexpected then yeah it's a news.

Lol try shoulder rolling then. I remember I tried it once and got my **** wrecked. It's hard to do it, takes alot of practice.

Comment

If Mayweather was as good as some think, he would be finishing the job by knocking out opponents. I would like to see Mayweather actually finish someone off to add punctuation to his skills and you don't have to go toe to toe to produce spectaclar endings.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterNeversoft View Post
                If Mayweather was as good as some think, he would be finishing the job by knocking out opponents. I would like to see Mayweather actually finish someone off to add punctuation to his skills and you don't have to go toe to toe to produce spectaclar endings.
                Lol he doesn't have the power to. Kind of unfair to ask that, some people are blessed with power.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterNeversoft View Post
                  Tell me the difference between a KO win and uni decision win; I will tell you it's nothing they both go in the win column. At the Elite level knockouts aren't the norm

Comment

The statement of this thread topic.. *sigh* why can't all of you who do not understand boxing just go over MMA?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post

I thought I did a good job of explaining my point. Even though he is a defensive fighter the style of defense he employs can be very dangerous and actually takes a lot of courage to use. I understand that I'm speaking to a lot of bums who would not understand the inner turmoil of trying something that has a high reward, but can go horribly wrong and make you look like a fool in the process. Most people would go with what is conventional for want of not wanting to fail and look like a fool.

As for Floyd going out of his comfort zone. He did that in the third round of the Mosley fight. After getting rocked he uncharacteristically walked Mosley down in the following round.

The last part of your post makes me believe that you never been in a fight or competed in a sport with offense and defense. When you go on the offense you have the potential to force your opponent on the back foot which consequentially diminishes their offense. You're exposed to danger, and it is not my intention to belittle that danger, I just wouldn't say the danger of playing a defensive game is beneath it as you submit yourself more to the opponents pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X