Collapse
No announcement yet.

We NEED Wladimir Klitschko back in control of the Heavyweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made this thread almost a year ago, and it's even more true now.

Look at the mess the HW division is in. Destabilized worse than Iraq after the U.S. troops pulled out.

Luckily the right replacement fight is being made, with the Future Vs the Present/Fast in a cross roads fight for Heavyweight stability. If Joshua pulls it off, he will have a long, long reign.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
      Tyson Fury can go a decade in this heavyweight era undefeated.

Looking back at some great posts of last year. This one springs to mind. He is right. Tyson Fury can go undefeated for a decade, sitting on the shelf drinking and snorting his life away, joining Ricky Hatton, Prince Naseem Hamed and Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

First order of business is

Wladimir K Vs Tyson Fury ll - in which Wlad will avenge his loss by TKO

Up next is a unification bout against the new IBF Paper Champ, whoever that may be.

By that time hopefully we will have a Wilder Vs Povetkin winner, who Wlad will unify the division Titles with.

And then it's on to a final title defense/retirement fight against Anthony Joshua - to whom Wlad will pass the torch on to by losing in spectacular fashion, signaling the changing of the guard.
        Looks like the Joshua Vs wlad fight didn't go in the order as I planned, but it's happening anyway. Either way, after this fight, the division will be stabilized.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Are you nuts or just joking? So many match-ups on the cusp of being made.

Fury-Klitschko II
          Wilder-Povetkin
          Fury-Wilder

Others could be made:

Haye-Joshua
          Whyte-Chisora
          Ortiz vs whoever

But yeah, we need Wlad back hogging the belts fighting Pianeta/Wach and hugging everyone to sleep (crowd included). fcuk that.

And now looking back a year later after this post, here is the number of match-ups that you listed above that actually happened and came to fruition:

ZERO.

None of which was Wlad's fault.

Wilder vs Povetkin - scrapped due to Alex's stupid timing of using a recently banned substance. But it's not like Wilder was itching for that fight. He was practically dragged into taking that fight at the last second to keep his belt. Good job, you're still the paper champion.

Fury - Wilder - yeah. Nice hype job by Fury after another one of Wilder's paper defenses against a undeserving opponent. And. Then. Nothing.

David Haye? Still trucking along but no haye Vs Wilder, Haye Vs Johsua, Haye Vs Whyte. Nothing. Zero. Zilch.

Whyte? Still in rebuild mode, fighting a bunch of less experiences foes.

The only guy who is doing right is Wlad and Joshua who are trying to stabilize the division by fighting each other and erasing any memory of the short lived, disgraceful Tyson Fury Title reign.

Comment

The division is split wide open, truly.

Even if Wlad beats AJ for the IBF and WBA titles. You'll have Parker and Wilder with titles and both serious challengers to a diminished/old Wlad. Also, I think the WBA will use this opportunity to pull out the Super/regular champ crap. If Ortiz gets hold of a regular WBA title then I don't think any of the other top names will be going near that belt. Does the IBO come into the equation?

Just so long as David Haye isn't allowed to take a title hostage, I don't mind how this unfolds.

Comment

Didn't know about this thread.. But yes! We have 1 champ to many and depending on what happens with Fury, we might have more in the making..

Comment

So the heavyweight division can go back to being dormant and boring as fk? these new young hungry lions have made HW division lit again.. Please AJ retire boring Vlad.

Comment

Comment

Time has moved on so far, suddenly wilder isn’t considered a paper champ to the same extent?

Personally I wouldn’t mind wlad back though as it’s a good division, with him being within it, even at his age, would still make for great match ups in my view !

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

Sentiment around the forum:

The consensus pretty much is that the Heavyweight division is looking great. We NEED Wlad to Un-Great it again, starting by avenging his loss and getting his titles back.

All it is, is that the division has been destabilized like Iraq after the surge when all the U.S. troops got pulled out. ORDER in the heavyweight division needs to be restored again, and the only Man who can do it is Wladimir Klitschko. This loss has given Wilder a stronger standing as a Paper Champion in the division. Vyacheslav Glazkov or Charles Martin (who?) are about to join Wilder in the ranks as Co-Paper Title holders. Some guy named Ortiz who is 36 years old (almost over the hill) and has a sloppy/lazy punching technique as if he were a past-prime Ali from the 1970's -- is being touted as the next big thing. This needs to stop. We NEED the status quo back.

Wlad needs to regain his Championship and stabilize the division.
                      3 years later hes 40 and its still happening

Comment

Working...
                      X