No announcement yet.

why is hagler rated sooo highly?? :/

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    Hagler essentially did to Hearns what GGG did to Brook. Smaller guy moved up, they went to war, smaller guy got taken out. Only difference is Hearns is 100x the fighter Brook is and Hagler took him out harder, in half the time.

Truth

Comment

Not sure how you discuss a mans record without knowing the competition on it!
      Clearly you have no clue of the men on Hagler's record or your ignorance wouldn't lead to form such a dumb question.
      Why not study the man's career before coming here and posing such a ridiculous question.
      If you don't know who Antuofermo, Mintor, Monroe, Seales, Watts, Geraldo,
      Brisco, Hamsho, Lee, Sibson, Scyprion, Roldan.........

anyone could see Duran, Hearns, Leonard.............
      Duran and Hearns were 85ish and close to his end. Leonard waited till 87 far past Haglers best!
      We have young fans here who haven't a clue when a fighters youth to prime to end starts and stops.
      Study a career and learn instead of asking idiotic questions.

GGG has an ok record because the best of his era refuse to fight, Hagler fought everyone from his era and some of the best twice!

In a heads up with GGG I'd favor Hagler because of his pro experience against much better competition and his heart and soul. He also switched southpaw to conventional as well as any fighter in boxing history.

Go study................
      Ray

Comment

This exact question was asked a while back in the history section and this was my answer.

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        There is something that younger fans don't understand. When all the titles are unified, a champion has to defend against all the top contenders. When there are three or four titles a champion is able to satisfy one origination's top contenders often with out ever meeting the best in the division, which today are often the other champions. Additionally all the top contenders are forced to fight each other making the division better and stronger. This is one reason historical champions often are highly ranked over titlists that refuse to unify. Back then the champions did not have the modern benefit of picking and choosing which style suits them or which is a sure win. They had to fight the best in the division over and over again.

In the case of Hagler, he was the number one contender for years before he got his chance. The Ring Magazine named him the uncrowned champion while he waited. But Hagler did not sit and wait for his turn. In the time he was number 1, he fought and beat five more top ten contenders.

When he finally won the title he had to fight top contender after to contender to retain it, as well as to satisfy the sanctioning bodies. The majority of these top contenders he dominated.

Comment

Prime 160 Hopkins also beats GGG and possibly Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            I'd favor every single "smaller" guy you named over Golovkin. I'd pick Hearns to beat Golovkin, I'd pick Duran to beat Golovkin AND I'd pick Leonard to beat Golovkin. ****, i think Golovkin vs. Mugabi is a 50/50 fight. Golovkin is no better than Iran Barkley when Duran beat him, tbh.
            I don't agree with bold but also don't see how GGG compares with Hagler.

Why do all threads about Hagler have to involve GGG guys. I'm disappointed in NSB.

Comment

Hagler lost to and drew with absolute bums.

just LMAO @ his claim to fame is getting his ass beaten by a career WW.

also goin life and death with a career 135er.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                You don't know my history considering I hold Leonard, Duran, and Hearns higher than Hagler. I'm a big Hearns fan too. Stop pretending you know because you're way off. If Golovkin does the same as Hagler, I'll call him out for the same thing.

Openly racist, again, you don't know jack shit. I deal with people like you even in real life all the time. I provide you with a real reason and facts, then they along with you scream racism to try and degrade someone's character.
                Dude, what facts have you provided? Opinions? Opinions aren't facts. A fact. Margin Hagler is an ATG. Margin Hagler is a HOFer. Marvin Hagler is considered one of the greatest MWs to ever lave them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  Dude, what facts have you provided? Opinions? Opinions aren't facts. A fact. Margin Hagler is an ATG. Margin Hagler is a HOFer. Marvin Hagler is considered one of the greatest MWs to ever lave them up.
                  here's a fact.

Hagler lost to Willie Monroe calibre of bums. GGG does not.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    Hagler lost to and drew with absolute bums.

just LMAO @ his claim to fame is getting his ass beaten by a career WW.

also goin life and death with a career 135er.
                    Still Borecing it, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
                      Prime 160 Hopkins also beats GGG and possibly Hagler.

Comment

Working...
                      X