Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the most recent "LINEAL" Heavyweight Champion of the World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Wlad, since Lewis retired wlad had beaten all the other champs- Byrd, sultan, haye, chagev, povetkin
    is there a difference between Lineal and linear?? i think you might be referring to linear.

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
      But, as someone said before, lineal is supposed to be about beating the man. Wlad didn't beat the man. He beat some men but not THE MAN. He beat a long list of ranked challengers and alphabet belt holders, but never anyone with a legitamte claim to be the best in the world.

Wlad is clearly the best heavyweight of his generation, but does that automatically mean be is lineal champ?
      If one is of the opinion that somebody has to be the lineal champ at all times, then it's definitely Wlad.

Otherwise, I think it's very reasonable to say that the lineal championship is vacant.

The Ring Title is often cited as the lineal championship. Whether that's of any value is open to speculation.

As time goes on and more and more sanctioning bodies rise to power, the title of "lineal champion" will become obsolete, I'm afraid.

For the record, Gene Tunney was the first man to retire while holding the HW crown under Marquis of Queensbury rules. Technically, everyone after him could be considered a paper champion.
      Last edited by SBleeder; 03-10-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

henry clinhko was never lineal champ until maybe the povetkin fight. #1 vs #3 gtfo with that sh-it! does the superbowl champ play the third best team? does that happen in any sport? no. in my opinion povetkin was a huge bum who lost to huck oh yeah and henry clinchko should have been dq'd in that fight. the lineal champ should be seth mitchell for his contribution to glass chins.

Comment

Working...
        X