Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I put on muscle like Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I put on muscle like Manny Pacquiao?

Is it the 7k calorie a day diet that allows you to put on muscle and tear down bodyfat at the same time? Or is it the special plyometric routine he does that allows him to put on muscle and move up in weight like no other fighter has done.

I'm just asking because the most physically gifted boxer, maybe in the history of the sport, Roy Jones JR, lost his power as he moved up in weight. RJJ could KO with one punch in the lower weights but once he moved up to LHW he was a pot shot fighter.

I'm wondering what Pac is doing that makes him do something not even the most physical gifted boxer in boxing history had been able to do which is put on muscle, not put on BF, and keep your power and speed?

Is it his awesoeme Filipino genetics? I don't think so, he is a very small, thin boned, narrow body structure.

What is he doing? Anyoen have the routine?

Plyometric training is done for explosiveness, it doesnt do anything with the 'trimming down'

A great diet and cardio would be done to lose any extra body fat

to get a bit of bulk he probably did some strength training initially, followed by plyometrics to get back the explosiveness....otherwise he would slow down to much from the strength training

Comment

he does have some killer traps/calves

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
        Plyometric training is done for explosiveness, it doesnt do anything with the 'trimming down'

A great diet and cardio would be done to lose any extra body fat

to get a bit of bulk he probably did some strength training initially, followed by plyometrics to get back the explosiveness....otherwise he would slow down to much from the strength training
        What's his diet like? 7k calories a day is a lot, considering Michael phelps an olympic swimmer who is over 6'4 eats that.

What about the special blends of protien he uses?

Comment

Hard work, a decent diet, a lot of rest & some good genetics.
          He isn't thin boned.

Only 1 punch K.O I recall was against Hatton.

I can only assume though this is a troll thread & you're hinting at he takes something he shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Hard work, a decent diet, a lot of rest & some good genetics.
            He isn't thin boned.

Only 1 punch K.O I recall was against Hatton.

I can only assume though this is a troll thread & you're hinting at he takes something he shouldn't.
            No, I'm just curious.

Because in the lower weights he never KO'd anyone like he had Hatton. But then he moved up in weight and started literally walking through people, one punch with Hatton.

It's all natural with special traning and diet. I'm wondering what he's doing. it's never been done before in boxing history, but he's just a really hard worker it seems. 7k calories a day baby.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              What's his diet like? 7k calories a day is a lot, considering Michael phelps an olympic swimmer who is over 6'4 eats that.

What about the special blends of protien he uses?
              Michael Phelps does a pound of weed after every workout, Manny uses Ariza's special shake with unknown ingredients.

Comment

in the lowwer weights he was weight drained so must have affected him. Ah he moved up in weight he did fill out more and wasn't all bones. I don't think he was on roids or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                  No, I'm just curious.

Because in the lower weights he never KO'd anyone like he had Hatton. But then he moved up in weight and started literally walking through people, one punch with Hatton.

It's all natural with special traning and diet. I'm wondering what he's doing. it's never been done before in boxing history, but he's just a really hard worker it seems. 7k calories a day baby.

It was more to do with the timing & accuracy of the shot. It caught Hatton on the tip of the chin as he circled into it increasing the impact.
                  Last edited by dan_cov; 05-22-2012, 04:05 AM.

Comment

We’ve got a good program where we focus on the strength part of it doing all the explosive movements, the plyometrics, ballistic training and in the last few weeks we focus on speed, strength work, balance,agility and things like that.” “In the first 4 weeks of training camp we keep him on a 7000 calories a day diet, and closer to the fight a few things are taken out of the diet but he still has to keep his intake up. He has to have a protein shake before going to bed, he has one at 3am, and another one first thing in the morning. He has up to six meals a day and six protein shakes a day when in training for a fight. We have to keep weight on him, as he trains so hard. We can’t have his body dropping calories.”

In training camp every morning Manny will be up at 5 am running. Ariza uses inteval training routines. They might also do tabatas of 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest to replicate the type of energy required for a fight. Ratio of activity to rest is almost always negative. They will either do this kind of training in the hills where they can do hill sprints as well, in a park or sometimes at the beach where they run in the sand. If and when Alex feels they need to do some low impact type work they will do a pool session. At the end of this session they may do a bit of plyometrics, ladder drills and core exercises. Alot of emphasis is placed on the core. As soon as this session is complete he does a thourough warm down and stretch followed by a meal with sufiecient carbohydrate to raise his insulin levels to promote recovery. He then has a protein before going home to rest up for the afternoon session in the gym.

The afternoon session starts with a good warm up (including various dynamic and static stretches) and usually some shadow boxing.
                    http://www.strengthspeedagility.com/...ining-program/

Pacquiao's workout is as follows:

6 AM- 45 minute run, then sprints
                    Eats and sleeps and then does 3 hours of training in the gym

He works for three hours on everything from speed work to heavy bag work and is intense throughout all 180 minutes to make the session grueling enough to be reminiscent of a 12 round match.

Manny starts by performing shadow boxing. Then he goes to a classic mitt routine. Then he develops his footwork. Subsequently, he works on the double bag, speed bag, and heavy bag. After he's done with that, he goes to jump roping and conditioning. At this point he's absolutely exhausted but he finishes off with ab training. He does 1400 crunches a day and gets hit by a bamboo stick so he can better absorb blows in the fight.

Manny's nutritional and diet regimen involves rice, beef broth, chicken soup, and protein shakes.
                    http://www.strengthspeedagility.com/...ining-program/

Train at eat like this for a couple of years and you can achieve your goal.

Comment

Working...
                    X