Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's better for Canelo? A fight with Mayweather or a fight with Sergio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's better for Canelo? A fight with Mayweather or a fight with Sergio?

Although the next fight will probably be against Cotto on PPV if Cotto decides to return, out of these two do you think is better?

So a fight with Mayweather most likely won't happen in September.
    If they fight, I think it'd be at the end of his 30 month deal. Also I doubt they'll have it in September either and wait to hold that fight until May 4th next year.

Sergio might have that fight with JCC Jr. if they can get the testing out of the way.

Why no Sergio for Sergio's belt?

May not be as big of a money fight, but could be more for either than fighting other opposition.
    Sergio is on the hunt for Money fights.
    Canelo wants to up his P4P rankings (although there's no doubt he'll be placed in the top 6 after May 4th).
    Not like Canelo's a small JMW either or Sergio's a big middleweight.
    Also Sergio is getting up in years with multiple injuries and coming off knee surgery... you know they're looking at that as an advantage.

Either could be a PPV, Martinez already proving his worth with 600k sold.
    Martinez
    34.48%
    Mayweather
    62.07%
    other
    3.45%

The poll is expired.

I want to see Mayweather/Martinez @160 for its historical significance and styles clash. He's gonna be at a size disadvantage against either guy, so why not go after the fighter who can add to your prestige? Hell, Canelo might even be bigger than Martinez on fight night too. If I was in Floyd's shoes and decided to fight Canelo, I'd only do it once he cleaned up 154lb. Let him wait and test his patience.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      I want to see Mayweather/Martinez @160 for its historical significance and styles clash. He's gonna be at a size disadvantage against either guy, so why not go after the fighter who can add to your prestige? Hell, Canelo might even be bigger than Martinez on fight night too. If I was in Floyd's shoes and decided to fight Canelo, I'd only do it once he cleaned up 154lb. Let him wait and test his patience.
      Does Sergio even come in that big though? I thought he was in the high 60's, low 70's?
      I'd love to see that fight too.... we might see it too if Mayweather decides to catch him in his last fight.
      Honestly, I think Sergio's age is affecting his body.
      He still has his speed and a damn good tank for his age though.

Comment

For canelo's sake, a fight with Floyd

Comment

well he has a much better chance at beating Mayweather, if Oscar wants him Ko'd..well there is Martinez.

Comment

Mayweather because its the big money fight.

Comment

Totally misread the title lol, I think Canelo should try and push for Floyd only until his body tells him it's time to move up.

Depending on how Martinez looks against Murray, it's possible that GBP can become interested in that match-up if Floyd doesn't come to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Totally misread the title lol, I think Canelo should try and push for Floyd only until his body tells him it's time to move up.

Depending on how Martinez looks against Murray, it's possible that GBP can become interested in that match-up if Floyd doesn't come to the table.
                Yea, I don't know how long he can last at JMW.
                Maybe he will fight him within a year starting May. Dude's getting paid 300M regardless

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  For canelo's sake, a fight with Floyd

Comment

Sergio would demolish Canelo

That's actually a fair fight would love to see it.

For now I want to see Canelo take on Lara and Molina

Comment

Working...
                    X