Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favourite boxing movie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't stand any Rocky films, Raging Bull takes it for me.

Comment

rocky 1-4 and the fighter

i like play it to the bone also, dono why, I jus do...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        this is crazy....on Sunday I watched "The Champ" with my girl...she was crying bad lol...sad flick...one of my all-time fav films!!
        It's a major tear-jerker man. I grew up a block away from the Hialeah horse race track one of the main filming locations.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Can't stand any Rocky films, Raging Bull takes it for me.
          Agreed in every aspect.

I hate all the Rocky films.

Raging Bull I consider a masterpiece.

Comment

Gladiator '1992'

Comment

"Requim for a Heavyweight" Anthony Quinn as Mountain Rivera is as powerfull as it gets. With heavy hitters like Jackie Gleason and Micky Rooney rounding out the billings. Special guests a young Cassius Clay and Haystacks Calloune!

Cinderella Man showed the horrible conditions during the Great Depression.
              It also explained how a fighter can go through tuff times with in juries that take time to heal but he needs to take bouts to try and servive. Thats why some fighters records mean nothing at times, Bradock was a good solid fighter who had to fight all through his life.
              Raging Bull is all about trying to get through to the top without mob affiliations! Also the main character as a relentless agressive fighter who didn't have the one punch KO power but fought like he did! He was a beast!
              "Somebody up there Likes Me" the great Paul Newman as Rocky Gratzano is the story of a thief who gets rescued by boxing from spending a life time in prison. Rocky was on the set and did a great job with Newman duplicating Rocky's style! Special guest star Tony Zale!! (looking in shape)

The "Champ" is an oldie that goes back to Wallace Berry in the lead and Jackie Cooper from the Rascals as the boy!
              Jon Voight I thought was very good in the remake!

Rocky movies...........................Stunk! Boxing scenes were ridiculous, with the exception of Burgess Meridth as Mick the movie was horrible in regards to boxing! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                this is crazy....on Sunday I watched "The Champ" with my girl...she was crying bad lol...sad flick...one of my all-time fav films!!
                Except when you say "my girl" you really mean "Yourself" right?

Comment

I liked Rocky III for the 80s cartoon comedy (Hulk Logan? Mr T?).

Loved Raging Bull and The Fighter.

Special mention goes to a little known movie called Streets Of Gold starring a young Wesley Snipes and Adrian Pasdar(Heroes). Snipes looked like a natural (as he has playing baseball, football and basketball in movies).

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    "Requim for a Heavyweight" Anthony Quinn as Mountain Rivera is as powerfull as it gets. With heavy hitters like Jackie Gleason and Micky Rooney rounding out the billings. Special guests a young Cassius Clay and Haystacks Calloune!
                    It had Willie Pep, Jack Dempsey, Barney Ross and Gus Lesnevich in as well.

Comment

Love Raging Bull and The Fighter, but the Rocky films defined my childhood. Rocky IV's still to this day one of my favourite films, and I don't give a **** how cheesy and unrealistic it is. It's melodrama, and perfectly executed melodrama. They should have left it after IV, Rocky V is an abhorrent, evil film.

Comment

Working...
                      X