No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner-Antonio DeMarco to be finalized soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrien Broner-Antonio DeMarco to be finalized soon

Schaefer said that he expects to soon finalize a deal matching WBO junior lightweight titleholder Adrien Broner (24-0, 20 KOs) and WBC lightweight beltholder Antonio DeMarco (28-2-1, 21 KOs) for Nov. 17 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Broner, 24, is coming off his fourth straight stoppage victory with an HBO-televised knockout of Vicente Escobedo in Broner's hometown of Cincinnati also in July. Before entering the ring against Escobedo, Broner lost his WBO belt at the scales for missing the contracted weight of 130 pounds both the day prior to the fight and during a Saturday morning re-weigh.

DeMarco, 26, is coming off a 44-second knockout of John Molina on Sept. 8. The win was DeMarco's fifth straight win and his fourth by stoppage during that run opposite Molina, having last suffered defeat by ninth-round stoppage to the late Edwin Valero in February of 2010.

DeMarco's promoter, Gary Shaw, told ******.com that he has reached an agreement with HBO to fight Broner.

Broner-DeMarco will be on an HBO-televised card that will include unbeaten heavyweight prospect Seth "Mayhem" Mitchell versus Johnathon Banks.

"We are working on finalizing Nov. 17 on HBO, the double-header with Adrien Broner against Antonio DeMarco, Seth Michell against Jonathon Banks," said Schaefer. "We are very close on getting that [Broner-DeMarco] finalized."

http://rin gtv.craveonline.com/blog/175027-report-bradley-eyes-dec-15-return-as-does-rigondeaux-on-

Not a Broner fan at all, but I think he is going to look amazing in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
      Good fight. May the best man win.
      Who you thinks wins this one man?

Comment

Good fight, just make damn weight

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
          I honestly don't know, to me it's a tough one to call. I kinda want Demarco to win though. And yeah, he needs to make weight and take this seriously.
          DeMarco just throws such wide shots at times when he has his man on the ropes, tailor made for Broner's shoulder roll-straight right Floyd imitation move he pulls so well. But DeMarco being a southpaw might affect Broner more than I anticipate, like it did Daniel Ponce De Leon. Also DeMarco is a pretty strudy LW and might be able to take Broner's power. I'm pretty excited for this fight.

Comment

Broner is going to have alot of trouble with Demarco. Demarco might even finish him.

Comment

Time to see if Brush boy is the real deal.

Comment

Pumped for this

Comment

WARR demarco.

Comment

Good news.WAR TONY

Comment

Working...
                    X