Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are body shots overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body shots are, if anything, underrated/overlooked.

A body shot is rarely going to stop a fighter unless it's landed perfectly, but unlike head damage, body damage is accumulative and pays dividends the longer the fight goes on. It might not necessarily win the fighter the fight, but it certainly improves their chances, which can never be a bad thing.

Comment

Ain't nobody that likes getting hit in the body, and varying an attack makes defending against punches that much more difficult.

Throwing against the body can open up the head and head shots are much easier to see so it can be a losing proposition from a scoring perspective but if a guy can maintain a sustained body assault it will have a major effect. Like I said they are generally harder to see clearly so they don't get counted nearly as much for scoring purposes so that is a downside.

Comment

I usually feel nothing to the body but I once neglected a sparring partner work on my body, didn't think much of it because there wasn't any pain and before I knew it I could barely move or breathe and felt like I was lugging around marbles in my arteries. Really stiffened me up.
        Last edited by SplitSecond; 05-01-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

this is the type of thread a person makes who never put on gloves and duked it out with another man.

body shots are devastating when allowed and properly executed.

as a person who has gone down due to body shots,

its like your entire lower half is getting sucked off by a black hole and it feels like somebody closed your lungs, vaccumed your lower half.

Comment

Working...
          X