Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would of Showtime commentators called the Pac/Marquez fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would of Showtime commentators called the Pac/Marquez fight?

After originally watching the Pacquiao/Marquez fight in a bar with Mainevent commentators I was interested to see how the official HBO commentators called the fight.

I was pretty annoyed at what I heard - hell, even a respected trainer like Emmanuel Steward whom I was hoping would provide a balanced view really disappointed me.

Jim Lampley and Harold Lederman sounded like they were having 12 round circle jerk.

The Max Kellerman post fight interview was annoying as hell and Mario Lopez proclaiming that "no one lost tonight" was truly the icing on the cake.

That got me thinking, how would have Showtime called this fight?

Showtime have consistently called the fights for what they were, especially the Mares/Agbeko or even the Pac/Mosley fight.

Jim Grey (although annoying at times) does a good job at putting people in their place.

Do you think Showtime would have been any different to HBO or would they have also been influenced?

i could understand fantasy fights but fantasy commentating?

Comment

i wonder how many times they said 'lovely' on the UK broadcast

Comment

Al Bernstein would have had a hard-on for Juan Manuel Marquez's counterpunching style that was very affective against Manny Pacquiao.

The black announcer would state the obvious while agreeing fully with whatever Bernstein says during the fight practically a parrot.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          Fantasy commentating would be Christopher Walken calling the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
            After originally watching the Pacquiao/Marquez fight in a bar with Mainevent commentators I was interested to see how the official HBO commentators called the fight.

I was pretty annoyed at what I heard - hell, even a respected trainer like Emmanuel Steward whom I was hoping would provide a balanced view really disappointed me.

Jim Lampley and Harold Lederman sounded like they were having 12 round circle jerk.

The Max Kellerman post fight interview was annoying as hell and Mario Lopez proclaiming that "no one lost tonight" was truly the icing on the cake.

That got me thinking, how would have Showtime called this fight?

Showtime have consistently called the fights for what they were, especially the Mares/Agbeko or even the Pac/Mosley fight.

Jim Grey (although annoying at times) does a good job at putting people in their place.

Do you think Showtime would have been any different to HBO or would they have also been influenced?
            steward said it could have gone either way, during the fight, and after
            what's wrong with that?
            you're really stupid if you think marquez dominated and clearly won this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
              Fantasy commentating would be Christopher Walken calling the fight.
              Walken as commentator would be perfect...he can't sway the people watching the fight because you almost can't hear him.

Comment

ahahaha! END OF THREAD....

Comment

I laaughed in real life

Comment

Well Showtime never has the HBO type money so they probably would call it honestly on for that reason, since Showtime isn't rich like HBO. HBO is filthy rich and have the rights to Pacquiao/Mayweather. If Showtime had the rights to Pacquiao/Mayweather their announcers would lie too.

HBO has a huge agenda in hyping up Manny/Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X