Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Really think Khan vs Brook would have the Wembley stadium seats filled up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Brook's profile may have increased with his recent media attention but no one will have even watched the Porter fight.
    I'm not so sure. I think a fair chunk would have seen it, twitter was mad.

Also, I noticed that the news went all around the world that he was a champion, so obviously he's a lot more known. And he's also been fighting on Sky for years now.

He's not Khan in terms of profile, but he's not an unknown outside Yorkshire.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I'm not so sure. I think a fair chunk would have seen it, twitter was mad.

Also, I noticed that the news went all around the world that he was a champion, so obviously he's a lot more known. And he's also been fighting on Sky for years now.

He's not Khan in terms of profile, but he's not an unknown outside Yorkshire.
      Boxing fans maybe. Not many regular people would have stayed up till 3/4am to watch that fight.

I think the Sheffield homecoming is/was going to be pivotal in helping sell the Khan fight. Doesn't look like it's going to happen now.

Comment

Brooks biggest fight to date was on at about 4 in the morning on sky, I think it was sky sports 2 aswell, and sky boxing viewing figures are generally only about 200,000 on a really good day when the fight is in the U.K at a normal time. No doubt he's upped his profile considerably by winning that belt but you can't compare it to winning a medal at the Olympics, fighting on terrestrial tv for years, advertising for major brands etc that Khans done since 2004.

I can't see it selling out Wembley, why not hold it at Leeds or someone like that's ground, it's where both of thems' local fanbases are and isn't such a big expense while still allowing a bigger than usual attendance?

Comment

Working...
        X