Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much more Mayweather needs to do to be serious candidate for GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    It wasn't just the weight but the rehydration limit as well.
    dont be a ridiculous f mo. there was no rehydration limit.

there is no such thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      dont be a ridiculous f mo. there was no rehydration limit.

there is no such thing.
      Yes there was, no need to act like there wasn't. If the weight and rehydration were not an issue, manny wouldn't of used his negotiaiting leverage to inisist on having it put in the contract.

I see you are not the type of poster I assumed.

Comment

Yes there was, no need to act like there wasn't. If the weight and rehydration were not an issue, manny wouldn't of used his negotiaiting leverage to inisist on having it put in the contract.

I see you are not the type of poster I assumed.
        link please or GTFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          link please or GTFO.
          DO your own work. FInd a link proving me wrong or GTFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
            Should I remind you also that Cotto never made 147 after the Pacquiao fight, while Pea comfortably made 147 for the rest of his career? Don't try to make it sound like the two are in any way similar

wrt PBF/Martinez... How can I be certain? It still has to happen (Given that Martinez already offered 154, I doubt PBF will demand anything as you suggest)
            Cotto is clearly a naturally bigger man than Manny, so a move up in weight made sense. Pacquaio came from much lower weight divisions than Whitaker ever did. Not to mention that Cotto's options at 147 after the Pac loss were somewhat limited, while 154 offered fresh (and beatable) opposition.

Of course Martinez would voluntarily offer a catchweight knowing that he is the "B side" of this equation, and there is zero chance of Floyd accepting the challenge at 160. If he ever does, I'll admit being wrong and shower him with praise.

Comment

If you're making the claim, it would seem the burden is on you to offer proof.

Comment

just as i suspected. you cant find one.

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Its not something new or unknown so I'm surely not going to find a link. But I get your point.

Comment

Its not something new or unknown so I'm surely not going to find a link. But I get your point.
                    It's something people have made up for just about every Pacquiao fight since Oscar. It's never true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Cotto is clearly a naturally bigger man than Manny, so a move up in weight made sense. Pacquaio came from much lower weight divisions than Whitaker ever did. Not to mention that Cotto's options at 147 after the Pac loss were somewhat limited, while 154 offered fresh (and beatable) opposition.

Of course Martinez would voluntarily offer a catchweight knowing that he is the "B side" of this equation, and there is zero chance of Floyd accepting the challenge at 160. If he ever does, I'll admit being wrong and shower him with praise.
                      sorry there was still a lot more money at 147 than at 154, so that goes out of the window.

Only facts are Cotto never made 47 again, Pea while made 47 for the rest of is career. Cotto had not made 140 in 3 years. Pea made 140 one year before and 135 two years before. You can try to make up stories but these are simple facts about the size of their bodies and their abilities to make weight and how making 145 could have affected them.

I do not get why you comparing pea and pac? pea is here compared to cotto because you suggested that the catchweights of 145 in Pea-JC and Cotto-Pac were comparable.

Comment

Working...
                      X