Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Dawson have the chin to last and take Tarver`s best Shots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Dawson have the chin to last and take Tarver`s best Shots?

what do you think? does he have the chin to last and take Tarver`s best shots?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

Originally posted by hungryherbert View Post
    what do you think? does he have the chin to last and take Tarver`s best shots?
    Proberbly not but I'm not sure. He doesn't need to take any of Tarvers shots if he's boxes well though. He fought the totally wrong fight against Johnson. He fought a masterclass against Admek if he puts on one of those performances again he should be ok.

Comment

No but I don't think he will need to take them. I really think this should be an easy fight for Chad if he fights correctly. He should just have way too much speed and movement for Tarver at this stage.

Comment

I've never thought of Tarver as much of a heavy puncher, however i do think Tarver could outbox Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
          I've never thought of Tarver as much of a heavy puncher, however i do think Tarver could outbox Dawson.
          Sorry what? Tarver is a banger and there is now way in hell he is outboxing Dawson in this fight. If he wins it is on the back of landing big left hands.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
            Sorry what? Tarver is a banger and there is now way in hell he is outboxing Dawson in this fight. If he wins it is on the back of landing big left hands.
            Tarver isn't a banger, going into the Roy fight he was considered a mediocre puncher. Tarver is a pressure fighter but a stand up pressure fighter. He got a good left but nothing special he can counter when forced as well. He depth comes from his odd style that doesnt' really fit into one catagory, Hopkins showed that is isn't really that figure out if you can throw sneaky right hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Tarver isn't a banger, going into the Roy fight he was considered a mediocre puncher. Tarver is a pressure fighter but a stand up pressure fighter. He got a good left but nothing special he can counter when forced as well. He depth comes from his odd style that doesnt' really fit into one catagory, Hopkins showed that is isn't really that figure out if you can throw sneaky right hands.
              Fair enough. I still think he is a pretty decent banger. It doesn't change the fact that if Tarver is going to win it is by landing big straight lefts. If they box each other Dawson wins a landslide.

Comment

Each to their own, but i don't think Tarver is a banger at all. Tarver is more technical than your making him out to be and has very fast hands, i think he has a chance of winning a Decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                  Each to their own, but i don't think Tarver is a banger at all. Tarver is more technical than your making him out to be and has very fast hands, i think he has a chance of winning a Decision.
                  I didn't say he can't win a decision. However if he wins a decision it will be on the back of landing big shots. Antonio simply doesn't have the hand speed, movement or gas to box with a young fast guy like Dawson and get it done. I think the fight will pretty much be Dawson outlanding Tarver and scoring regularly and Tarver really trying to sit down on his punches. I would be surprised if Tarver went out there and tried to outbox Dawson given all of the disadvantages he would have to overcome at this stage of his career.

Comment

That's fair, i still think he has the hand speed though.

Comment

Working...
                    X