No announcement yet.

Broner just fights smaller guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
    After this fight lets see Broner vs Ajose Olusegun or Paul Spadafora somebody with sizes..
    Man, I think this fight would be crazy. Olusegun is a tough, tough dude but he isn't a power puncher either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
      Broner is just starting his career off and moving up so what is the point of this thread?you have Manny in your avy from 130 down he was bigger then the people he fought aswell..at 130 he entered the ring as a damn ww
      The point is he's rated P4P and is not worthy of that distinction. Like you said Larry, he is just starting out and hasn't done sh#t to deserve being in that list of elites.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
        The point is he's rated P4P and is not worthy of that distinction. Like you said Larry, he is just starting out and hasn't done sh#t to deserve being in that list of elites.
        I agree he shouldnt be p4p..but you stating he is fighting smaller fighters is dumb..they are in his division,both make weight,they fight..thats how it works

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          So did Pacquiao, Rios, Paul Williams, Mosley, Margarito, JCC Jr. et cetera.

I dislike it but its part of the game. Do you hate on all of them, too?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          I never said I hated anyone? All I'm saying is he hasn't done anything to deserve his P4P ranking, nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Whatever weight he is at......I don't follow Broner much.....I know he looks big as hell compared to these other dudes he is fighting. If he can make the weight, let him keep fighting them but it's just as bad as when Donaire was at flyweight.

Broner talks about ruling every weight division with ease but he fights dudes that are like balsa wood compared to him
            He just beat the damn #1 lightweight in his last fight...and that was his 1st fight at 135..what are you talking about?

Comment

I never said I hated anyone? All I'm saying is he hasn't done anything to deserve his P4P ranking, nothing.
              read you opening post

I don't care about official scales, unofficial scales.... the dude has made his entire name off of fighting MUCH smaller competition with maybe the exception of Demarco (but not by much).

Take a look at his greatest hits vid on HBO, he's always much bigger than his competition.

you said nothing about him being p4p..the word p4p wasnt even mentioned..you were complaining about size

Comment

You never mentioned his P4P ranking in the OP. But most will agree that he doesn't deserve it.

But there is a precedent for what Broner is doing. There are so many others who do it. Some even made a career out of it (Margarito).

Some fighters come in huge for their weight. But they can still make the weight. So I don't see why they shouldn't be treated as a fighter from that division.

Again, I dislike it, but it's just part of the game.

Comment

I think Broner will take the path of least resistance, alah FLoyd style. Hell, if it pays big bucks and makes you look great for the band wagoners, why would you stop? Easy money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                    read you opening post

I don't care about official scales, unofficial scales.... the dude has made his entire name off of fighting MUCH smaller competition with maybe the exception of Demarco (but not by much).

Take a look at his greatest hits vid on HBO, he's always much bigger than his competition.

you said nothing about him being p4p..the word p4p wasnt even mentioned..you were complaining about size
                    His P4P ranking is a representation of what many boxing fans see him as being, he's hype, nothing more at this stage.

I actually like Broner's style, pretty exciting but when I saw that video today of his greatest hits I realized all his fights are against MUCH smaller guys.

Sure he makes weight (barely) but he physically looks so much stronger and bigger than all his competition in every fight he's in!

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                      You never mentioned his P4P ranking in the OP. But most will agree that he doesn't deserve it.

But there is a precedent for what Broner is doing. There are so many others who do it. Some even made a career out of it (Margarito).

Some fighters come in huge for their weight. But they can still make the weight. So I don't see why they shouldn't be treated as a fighter from that division.

Again, I dislike it, but it's just part of the game.
                      I'm just interested to see his shoulder roll defence against a guy that can actually hurt him, he's nowhere near as good as Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X