Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by subhuman View Post
    Floyd says something "It's totally true!!"

Manny says something "Nah he's lying."

That's why you can never debate with these idiots, they just babble nonsense over and over.

Manny Pacquiao stated he will fight Floyd on May 5th as long as Floyd offered 50/50 at the time. Floyd didn't want any part of that, and went on to take on a Pac leftover in a past prime Cotto.

I understand that NOW, 50/50 doesn't make much sense, since Pac's stock has gone down a bit. Pac offered 55/45 to Floyd and he's still no where to be found.
    Manny Pacquiao stated he will fight Floyd on May 5th as long as Floyd offered 50/50 at the time.
    I didn't say manny was lying. I said Bob said something at the same time that clearly contradicts Manny's statement above. And since Manny always says, "talk to my promoter bob arum" about his next opponent, I'm simply asking which Manny statement is the one we are going with, manny's or bob's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      you didn't answer the question.

everytime manny refuses to fight, you say the offer was fake or a duck move. yet when people refuse to fight manny, you don't say its the offer. why?

why the need to avoid answering what is a very simple question.
      Give me an example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
        Give me an example.
        Just recently with Cotto. Years ago the 1st rematch with JMM.

Comment

Just recently with Cotto. Years ago the 1st rematch with JMM.
          Apples and bananas. You don't even know what you're talking about. JMM was forced to fight in Indonesia for significantly less than what he was offered in the Pac 2 fight. (People need to use their brains sometimes. Ducking may be subjective, but you don't always go solely by your own opinion. Surveys will help. Majority will disagree with you.) They were not even stars back then. JMM wanted more than what he deserved. What's with the Cotto/Pac 2? What's the issue?

Look if you say Pac ducked JMM and Cotto in the rematch, so be it. If that tiny little thing will make you happy, I'll give it to you.

I doubt the majority will agree with you.

Comment

floyd did offer no ppv money. But he also offered a $40 mil guarantee, which is about $12 mil more than Manny has made for any fight even with the overwhelming percentage of the ppv revenue. Manny would still be getting a huge raise.

So this comes down to how manny's fringe fan base like yourself chooses to look at the offer. Either you will evaluate it the same way you do when Manny makes offers to (example) Cotto or JMM or you will choose to see it differently.

As for taking the test, you actually are ok that it took manny 2 1/2 years to allegedly accept to take OSDT?

This fight was to make record breaking revenue.

So to say that Manny gets $40 million which is more than he has made to date is insane. Floyd would also make much much more than he ever made. Right? The reason they will BOTH make more than they ever made is because they are fighting each other, not just because of Floyd nor just because of Manny. So why should Floyd get "ALL PPV MONEY" if this is due to both of them?

Manny accepted random testing a while back but some of you are still saying "allegedly" to make it sound like it is still can be a roadblock. He even said this on ESPN!!! See the problem?

Manny has accepted random testing and also accepted to take less to get this fight on. What has Floyd accepted to get this fight on besides"FLOYD WANTS ALL PPV MONEY" ? ???

If you think that neither want the fight, ask yourself this question. Who has pulled the bluff each time and who has been the one to put another roadblock? Manny accepts and Floyd puts out another roadblock .... I can't believe you can't see this!
            Last edited by ADP02; 10-09-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
              Very well said and true. For the pass 2 years or so all I hear from Floyd and his groupies is manny take the test and we got a fight!! For 2 phucking years we hear this everyday. And now ost is no longer an issue BUT there's a new demand now. Lets forget all the he say she say. As of right now PAC has made a public announcement saying he has agree to everything now where is Floyd at?? If I remember correctly u Floyd fans was the one who was saying whatever PAC say wont be true unless he says it on camera. Well he did now where Floyd again???

That's the thing .... Floyd fans always asking Manny to "bluff" and accept to see if Floyd puts out another roadblock and if so they (Floyd fans) will see the light and agree that Floyd has been ducking.

Just like when Manny accepted the test or accepted less money or was willing and able to fight while Floyd was on vacation, Floyd fans forgot what they said and blamed Manny.

Comment

Dude, you still don't get it. Manny can call Floyd's bluffs numerous times and Floyd would still come up with another. Mayweather doesn't want the fight, end of story. I was reviewing his interview with Costas and I thought it was the picture of a guy who would do anything to avoid Pac. Man, he was talking about Ali saying that Ali should not have taken the fights people wanted him to fight. There are lots of clues in there that will make a lot of people cringe.
                I saw the interview. Seems to me that Floyd is okay with the idea of not adding Pacquiao in his resume. We need to respect him for that. Why push the guy? Why even want to see a fight with a reluctant fighter in it? Time to stop mentioning this fight once and for all.

Comment

Apples and bananas. You don't even know what you're talking about. JMM was forced to fight in Indonesia for significantly less than what he was offered in the Pac 2 fight. (People need to use their brains sometimes. Ducking may be subjective, but you don't always go solely by your own opinion. Surveys will help. Majority will disagree with you.) They were not even stars back then. JMM wanted more than what he deserved. What's with the Cotto/Pac 2? What's the issue?

Look if you say Pac ducked JMM and Cotto in the rematch, so be it. If that tiny little thing will make you happy, I'll give it to you.

I doubt the majority will agree with you.
                  I didn't say anything of the sort, I simply asked how you saw it given your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

This fight was to make record breaking revenue.

So to say that Manny gets $40 million which is more than he has made to date is insane. Floyd would also make much much more than he ever made. Right? The reason they will BOTH make more than they ever made is because they are fighting each other, not just because of Floyd nor just because of Manny. So why should Floyd get "ALL PPV MONEY" if this is due to both of them?

Manny accepted random testing a while back but some of you are still saying "allegedly" to make it sound like it is still can be a roadblock. He even said this on ESPN!!! See the problem?

Manny has accepted random testing and also accepted to take less to get this fight on. What has Floyd accepted to get this fight on besides"FLOYD WANTS ALL PPV MONEY" ? ???

If you think that neither want the fight, ask yourself this question. Who has pulled the bluff each time and who has been the one to put another roadblock? Manny accepts and Floyd puts out another roadblock .... I can't believe you can't see this!
                    yes floyd would make more money but not as a fighter, as the lead promoter. Unfortunately for Manny he has to pay Arum. Its not on floyd to overcompensate Manny to make up for that.

We agree Manny deserves some ppv money. But we should also be able to agree that without ppv, Manny is still getting a huge increase from what he normally takes home. What if sales expectations are not met? Manny still gets his $40 mil.

Manny said he'd accept OSDT in exchange for 50/50. SInce its clear floyd isn't going to split 50/50 then Thats not agreeing to OSDT.

Manny had the 50/50 offer and turned it down in dec 09. WHy should floyd offer that again? Does manny do that when people turn him down? Of course not so don't ask floyd to do for manny what manny won't do when he is in floyd's position.

Comment

yes floyd would make more money but not as a fighter, as the lead promoter. Unfortunately for Manny he has to pay Arum. Its not on floyd to overcompensate Manny to make up for that.

We agree Manny deserves some ppv money. But we should also be able to agree that without ppv, Manny is still getting a huge increase from what he normally takes home. What if sales expectations are not met? Manny still gets his $40 mil.

Manny said he'd accept OSDT in exchange for 50/50. SInce its clear floyd isn't going to split 50/50 then Thats not agreeing to OSDT.

Manny had the 50/50 offer and turned it down in dec 09. WHy should floyd offer that again? Does manny do that when people turn him down? Of course not so don't ask floyd to do for manny what manny won't do when he is in floyd's position.
                      You are twisting your words. At least get your facts straight.

Manny never turned down the 50/50 offer ... he turned down Floyd's version of testing.

Manny said he would take 50/50 AND random testing.

Manny now said random testing and 55/45.

Manny offered Floyd more than $40million. Floyd I guess should have taken that .... like you said, what if sales are down .... but that comment of yours is really pushing it. You know that for Floyd to offer $40 million, Floyd will make bucket loads of cash!
                      Last edited by ADP02; 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X