Odlanier Solis: 2004 Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odlanier Solis: 2004 Olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5_xoaO0ZJw

My god what happened to this guy??? He was a slim and slick HW fighter around 200 lbs, with great skills. It's like coming to America killed his dedication or something. I remember hearing about him during those Olympics thinking he could be the next great thing at HW. Fast forward 8 years, and he's weighing in at 267.5 lbs at 6'1''.

I'd understand putting on some weight to get bigger than 200 lbs for the HW division. But he shouldn't have put on anymore than 15-20 lbs. It's just sad to see what this guy has become, when he had so much potential.

Amen, is Cotto's trainer training him? I mean where is his dedication? Look at Mike Perez too, a very good middleweight and heavyweight amateur and at 6' he's weighing in at 240. Cubans seem to get lazy when they leave the island.

Comment

miami happened to him.

Comment

He's still very skilled. But yeah, he's also very fat.

I don't think his knee injury did much to help him trim a few more pounds though.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
          Amen, is Cotto's trainer training him? I mean where is his dedication? Look at Mike Perez too, a very good middleweight and heavyweight amateur and at 6' he's weighing in at 240. Cubans seem to get lazy when they leave the island.
          look at Gamboa, Rigondeaux & Lara though, completely ripped.

Dedication is different for everyone, some more than others. Also I'm sure it's hard for some of these Cubans who come from poor Cuba and suddenly their in america surrounded by all types of temptations.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
            He's another HW i was excited about, he's still not quite as fat as Solis.

But he weighed around 200 as well before he turned pro, and even weighed around 220-225 in his early bouts. Now he's all the way up to 240 or so. I just don't get it.

Comment

It IS depressing.

Comment

He looked real good as an amateur. I was so pissed off when he sat down against Vitali. Was hoping it would have been a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                  He looked real good as an amateur. I was so pissed off when he sat down against Vitali. Was hoping it would have been a good fight.
                  He was crafty, slick, and quick. Had he stayed dedicated, and only put on 10-20 lbs, he could have been the next big thing at HW. Now, he's just another fat HW, something this era of HW's has had way too much of.

Also, your sig is funny as hell. Clearly a Brit who's talking out of his ass. These clowns think prison is like Blood In Blood Out or American Me.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Also, your sig is funny as hell. Clearly a Brit who's talking out of his ass. These clowns think prison is like Blood In Blood Out or American Me.
                    Ha, I know. I dunno if he was just trollin or if he was serious.

Comment

Working...
                    X