Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson admits being on PEDs? Steroids?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson admits being on PEDs? Steroids?

http://www.vg.no/sport/boksing/artik...artid=10127964

Holy **** guys.. the site is in Norwegian and i couldn't find a thread on it, have any of you seen this? is it true? Could this mean he was on PEDs?

it basically says he used a fake penis with someone elses urin in it, and when he tested positive for marihuana at the Golota fight the trusted guy in his camp was to late with the penis. This sounds to crazy for boxingscene not to have an article? It also says he did a lot of cocaine and such drugs, nothing about PEDs, but it sounds kind of fishy now IMO :/

but I must say, if this is true I will be very VERY dissapointed..

He apparently admits this in his new book "Undisputed truth".

EDIT: found an english link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...detection.html
    Last edited by RockyB; 11-13-2013, 01:25 PM.

WEED AND COCAINE is different from PEDS

Comment

good read bro...

thanks for posting the article.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
        WEED AND COCAINE is different from PEDS
        Yeah, sorry.. edited. But I mean, I'm a huge Tyson fan, but don't you think this is suspicious?

Comment

Already posted and no.

I'm pretty sure Tyson had an interview where he said if he used roids he wouldve admitted it.

He used it to avoid popping on weed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Pretty sure he used the fake penis to mask Marijuana

Comment

Weed and Cocaine don't really enhance your performance.

I have pretty extensive experience with both. They might make you think you're fighting better but that's it.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-13-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post

I have pretty extensive experience with both. They might make you think you're fighting better but that's it.
                I somewhat disagree.

Drugs like that certainly aren't PEDs, but to be fair... they could affect everyone differently. A guy coked up out of his mind could step into the ring and fight in completely different way that he would of if he was sober, be more brave, etc... That's an unfair advantage, and any drug- from Weed to MDMA to Steroids gives a fighter an unfair advantage, whether it be physical or with the example I used for weed/cocaine - mental, IMO.

Weed or cocaine do not enhance your physical performance, but I am sure one knowledable in the field could argue they give a "mental performance enhancement" to some people and provide a mental edge.

Not talking about Tyson because its done and over with.... but in todays boxing world, I believe usage of ANY drug before a fight should (and is?) strictly enforced, not just PEDs/steroids.
                Last edited by King_; 11-13-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post

Hahaha That's the truth.

You do feel as if you do everything better on that sh\t.

Until your coming down and swearing that you will never do it again. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
                    Yeah, sorry.. edited. But I mean, I'm a huge Tyson fan, but don't you think this is suspicious?
                    If Tyson did roids he would have said something by now, imo. Tyson has told all about his demons and he doesn't care. Plus Tyson was a freak of nature at like 12-13 years of age dude was always a beast.

And even if he was should we even care? Late 80's mid 90's pretty much all sports athletes were on roids baseball, basketball, football, boxing, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X