Collapse
No announcement yet.

I break down how Manny Pacquiao would do against current Welterweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! Is that how Manny Pacquiao is f u c k e d up today? dang, he should retire already and cancel the fight with rios according to your logic. Manny has not a chance of winning anymore if mal-****** can knock him out with a jab.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      The list:

Mike Alvarado - Pacquiao can win this fight Alvarado can box but not enough to keep Pacman off him and he gets cut and hit easily. But if Alvarado lands a hard punch Pacman is out cold.

Robert Guerrero - This would be an easy fight for Manny Pacquiao in his prime, Ghost is slow as hell, and open for straight punches and Pacman does well against southpaws, but if Guerro lands a stiff jab he can drop Pacman and possibly put him to sleep.

Paulie Maliggnagi - This is a dangerous fight for Manny, Paulie can move and confuse Pacman, he could actually outbox Manny. Also if Paulie lands a stiff straight right hand while Manny moves forward he could put him out cold. Yes that is how bad Manny's chin is now.

Danny Garcia - Pacquiao gets knocked out by Garcia's right hand. Garcia will sit there and wait for Manny to come in and throw a right hook and clip Pac and put him to sleep.

Devon Alexander - Pacquiao does well against southpaws, this could be a good fight for Manny, but if Devon lands a hard punch or even a glancing punch to Pac he could put him out easy, just watch how Devon knocked out that buff iron chin Urango.

Victor Ortiz - This is a deadly fight both guys will trade blows and whoever lands first will win. the difference is chins and heart, Pac has the heart and warrior never quit attitude, but his chin is weak, Victor has a much better chin than Manny, but I would favor Manny because like I said before he seems to do well against fellow southpaws. If Victor lands though he has heavy punches and will put Manny to sleep so its 50 50.

Keith Thurman -Thurman within 3 rounds KO. Pacman stands no chance with this beast.

Amir Khan - Pacman was toyed with by Khan in sparring, this is a 50 50 fight Khan could outbox Manny with his reach and constant flurries and speed. Either guy could get knocked out though, the Pacman today probably couldn't take a Amir Khan jab, Pac's chin is no longer the same it will be similar to how Khan KO Dmitry Salita.

Andre Berto - I favor Manny in this fight, but Berto can crack and he has a better chin than Manny.

Adrien Broner - Pacquiao could outbox him, but Broner could land that sneaky uppercut or straight and put Pacman out cold. I favor Broner in this fight with current version of Pac. But the Pac of 3 years ago? not so much.

Zab Judah - this is a 50 50 fight, two southpaws, both explosive, but Zab has the edge over Manny because his chin is much better.

Lucas Mattysse - if Pac can stay away from a flush punch he can win on points, but if he can't Lucas will knock him out easy.

Marcos Maidana - 50-50 fight, Marcos has the chin and power advantage, Pac has the speed and foot movement.

Josesito Lopez - Josesito by KO, he broke Victor Ortiz jaw for crying out loud.
      I'm reading this late at night and I know I shouldn't, because I want to switch off the light and go to sleep. But I'm laughing so much that it'll take at least 15 minutes for me to get a grip and wipe the tears away. This sort of post is the only reason I bother these days to look into the site. I know that sooner ot later one will arrive.

I thought that the heading should have been "how the present welterweights would fare against Pacquiao". And LO and BEHOLD, I find that you give them all a win by KO, except Berto, whom you think might be a decent enough sport to let MannyP win.

Why don't you tell the REAL story (like Paul Harvey used to). If you were honest-what a question- you'd admit that MannyP was the best we've seen in a couple of years, and was carving up Marquez. And was pretty well on the way to a stoppage or KO in another couple of rounds, when he tripped over Marquez s foot, and fell face first right into a last chance punch that Marquez didn't even see where it would land. At contact, his head was down way down nearly as waist high and past MannyP's body.

"To thine own self be true" as good old Jakes-beer used to say when he was having a few drinks with Hamlet... , and admit it, and then to us.

Comment

@hectari. You going on about Pacquaio's chin and to why he'll lose because of it is groundless.... until he fights and gets hit on it again.The only certainty is that his chin is better than yours.

Comment

You better hope and pray that Pac is done with all the **** you've talked about his chin.

Comment

Some of you guys have to come back down to reality. All of those welters can put Pac to sleep easy, they will no longer be fearful of trading with him because now they know he can be put to sleep.

Also I don't get the comparison to Roy Jones Jr., when Roy actually has a much better chin than Manny. Tarver never knocked Roy out cold, Roy was actually trying to get up, the only time Roy was stiffened up and out is when he slammed his head on the canvas after glen johnson pushed him over.

Watch it again.

Pacman was iced put to sleep. No fighter in the history has ever came back from that, and Pacman is a tiny welterweight, Rios is a heavy boned monster with stiff jabs and faster hands and feet than Canelo and Margarito combined. I guarantee you this Rios will put up a better fight than Canelo because Rios won't be weight drained.

rios moving up to 147 will help his stamina the guy walks around at 180 for crying out loud. You telling me a guy who walks around at 145-150 will be able to take the punch of a guy as big with a big frame like Rios?

All of those fighters can knock out Manny now. Before Manny had a decent chin, now his chin is at the level of Glass Joe

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Some of you guys have to come back down to reality. All of those welters can put Pac to sleep easy, they will no longer be fearful of trading with him because now they know he can be put to sleep.

Also I don't get the comparison to Roy Jones Jr., when Roy actually has a much better chin than Manny. Tarver never knocked Roy out cold, Roy was actually trying to get up, the only time Roy was stiffened up and out is when he slammed his head on the canvas after glen johnson pushed him over.

Watch it again.

Pacman was iced put to sleep. No fighter in the history has ever came back from that, and Pacman is a tiny welterweight, Rios is a heavy boned monster with stiff jabs and faster hands and feet than Canelo and Margarito combined. I guarantee you this Rios will put up a better fight than Canelo because Rios won't be weight drained.

rios moving up to 147 will help his stamina the guy walks around at 180 for crying out loud. You telling me a guy who walks around at 145-150 will be able to take the punch of a guy as big with a big frame like Rios?

All of those fighters can knock out Manny now. Before Manny had a decent chin, now his chin is at the level of Glass Joe
              Roberto Duran won a belt at middleweight after Hearns put him to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Yeah, the thread was meant to be humorous. The only thing missing was a list of all the strawweight fighters that would stop Pac with one punch. Late night comedy relief I guess.
                ahhhh, I see. I guess i was too tired last night to realize the "comedy" lol.

Comment

You forgot PAC vs Floyd

Health would come first.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Roberto Duran won a belt at middleweight after Hearns put him to sleep.
                    Duran had a better chin. Anyone would have got knocked out by Hearns flush right hand at that weight.

Also are you not forgetting how Alvarado looked when he fought Rios? Rios ko him the first time, and in the second fight he bloody and bashed him up and even rocked Alvarado with a stiff jab.

Alvarado is more durable than Pacman, he is taller and bigger than Manny, imagine what would happen if Rios landed those same punches on tiny Pacman?

Some of you guys are delusional.

wake up Pacman is no longer this beast, Rios and any other guy at 140-147 will stretch Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
                      WOW! Is that how Manny Pacquiao is f u c k e d up today? dang, he should retire already and cancel the fight with rios according to your logic. Manny has not a chance of winning anymore if mal-****** can knock him out with a jab.
                      Manny is fighting a guy who was fighting at lightweight last year because he doesn't want to take hard hits.

Comment

Working...
                      X