Its close but Hopkins IMO dude fought so many more big names win or lose

Comment

Mayweather.......................

Comment

bump.......

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=561100

Comment

Hopkins not only got big names but he also fought a lot of #1 contenders for his strap. Risky fights into guys that fought there way into contention.

Comment

I feel like there was such a long period where Hopkins couldn't get decent opposition in the ring with him that it takes away from his resume. I think at this point Floyd has already surpassed BHop in terms of consistent quality opposition. Additionally, Floyd wins pretty. BHop doesn't do anything pretty .

Comment

Going by their best name wins only, it's Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Hopkins has Glen Johnson, Antonio Tarver, Winky Wright, Tito Trinidad, Jean Pascal, Kelly Pavlik, Oscar De La Hoya, William Joppy. If he had at least one win over Jermain Taylor and got the W against Calzaghe, his resume would have been the best of his era.

Floyd has Genaro Hernandez, Juan Manuel Marquez, Jose Luis Castillo, Diego Corrales, Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton, Shane Mosley, Victor Ortiz, Zab Judah, Arturo Gatti.

Comment

If Hopkins won some the fights that he lost, this would be a no brainer. Although I scored both Taylor fights and the Zaggy fight for B Hop, I don't consider them robberies. Hopkins has a tendency to go through long periods of inactivity and give away rounds.

So I vote Floyd.

Comment

Hopkins resume easily. Bigger risks, bigger challenges,

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      Yeah, but against who exactly? People put to much stock into B-Hop's 20 MW defenses. I'm not saying it wasn't a good accomplishment but really analyze the fighters he fought in his reign.
                      Hopkins had 20 defenses all against guys rated in the top 10 and he avoided no one, so yes that that impresses me. I would have been equally impressed if Mayweather did that. I give Floyd credit for his work at 130 but most of his defenses were against unknown guys also. One reason some the guys Hopkins defended his tittle against are not well known today is because Hopkins beat the hell out of them and ruined some of them. They were good fighters at the time he fought them. Analyze the guys Floyd defended his tittle against at 130. Carlos Rios, Justin Juko, Carlos Gerena, Goyo Vargas etc. They are not famous either. If you like Floyd's opposition more than Hopkins that's your choice. I think what Hopkins did was better. Another reason I picked Hopkins over Floyd is Hopkins won all his tittle defenses by a large margin.Until he was 40 years old he beat all the best middleweights available with ease.Floyd never cleaned out any weight class like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X