Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oner Will Push For Solis To Become a Mandatory to Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    So he should prove it, no?
    They all should. But since anyone hardly does, why single out a fighter with talent who actually wants the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Of course he will!

Solis got paid more then a mil for 97 secs last time out, who wouldnt want that pycheck?
      1.75 million for that title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Who does Oner think he is? Who told him his name holds weight in the promotion business? He has to depend on Top Rank to promote his Cuban fights gtfo...
        Not just that, he's s**ttin the bed with all of the fighters in his stable right now. Not just Gamboa.

I can't argue with the people that say Solis isn't deserving of a title shot with Klitschko right now. (which probably means he'll never be)

He shouldn't be fighting at anywhere higher than 250, and his resume isn't all that impressive, even for a heavyweight. I have no doubt in my mind he'll give any of the Klitschkos a headache, but he needs to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          They all should. But since anyone hardly does, why single out a fighter with talent who actually wants the fight?
          Everybody wants it, except povetkin. He made 1.75 mil in 97 seconds and nobody cares if he loses.

They all wanna become mandos and get 25% of that purse even tho they only deserve 6% most of the time. Oner is the one who wants it

Comment

This guy should be ban from boxing altogether

Comment

Gamboa is a smart guy and got rid of this criminal as his manager, Solis should do the same then I'm sure he gets a shot against one of the Klitschkos. But Solis has no chance against them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
                Why doesn't Solis prove himself first, show that he's not a fat slob who'll fall over and hurt himself as soon as he feels Klitschko breathe on him? Then maybe he'll deserve to be mandatory, instead of just making a lot of noise.

I know the heavyweight scene is weak right now, but Solis turned up to the biggest fight of his career so out of shape that his knees buckled under his own weight.

It is you, Oner, and your boxer that need to display a grain of professional honour.
                Unlike so many, I don't believe Solis' weight had anything to do with it. Why should 10 lbs tip him over. He was accustomed to carrying it. It wasnt like a poorly balanced 150 lb weight on his back. Oner is a bit too clever I think, he blamed the few lbs for a 1st rd stoppage, and neglecting to add that Solis was actually dropped by a punch. The effect on his legs was the cause of the awkward way in which he went down. This was very carefully gone into on TV, in Slo -Mo, over and over, showing every movement of his legs and feet after the paralysing punch. It happens sometimes.

I remember the last boxer I actually followed, Tokunbo Olajide, was fighting Epifanio Mendoza who was a late substitute for Larry Marks (whom Olajide fought a little later, KO'ing him in a rd or two). Olajide had never heard of him. Mendoza attacked him immediately, something like Mayorga in his heyday, hit Olajide and knocked him down in the first few seconds. Olajide tried to get up, and was astonished when he couldn't. They found that his ankle was broken. It was the way he went down, his body dropped but his legs were temporarily disoriented. TKO.

All Olajide would say was that he was surprised by "this huge guy I saw across the ring, I didn't know he was so big"....He didn't make any excuses. Until then he was close to landing a title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmojorisin1 View Post
                  he should fight the winner of mitchell-witherspoon or adamek-chambers if he wins in may
                  You seem to like Jack Johnson. Unusual for these times. He was a product of his times, but in many ways rose above it with enormous determination and intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnycontrolet View Post
                    Gamboa is a smart guy and got rid of this criminal as his manager, Solis should do the same then I'm sure he gets a shot against one of the Klitschkos. But Solis has no chance against them at all.
                    I don't think Gamboa has shown himself to be smart, but exactly the opposite. And what does it make you? Just silly I think. I didn't read that Gamboa had "gor rid" of Oner, but that Oner said he had a valid contract with Gamboa-as Top Rank does also.

It looks to me, and millions of others, that Gamboa is in a big, self-made mess, and if he's getting any advice, it's turned out to be pretty poor so far. He's cost himself $1.25 mill so far and he can't have much money. He might have had another big fight by now, making himself fairly financially secure. He must have been supported by Oner for the first few years, and he hasn't earned very much. he should have taken the fight, got some money, and then tried legally to extricate himself. He seems to have been OK with Arum but not Oner. He could have gone to Arum for advice and let him handle it, which I'm sure he'd have arranged.

Bad mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      Unlike so many, I don't believe Solis' weight had anything to do with it. Why should 10 lbs tip him over. He was accustomed to carrying it. It wasnt like a poorly balanced 150 lb weight on his back. Oner is a bit too clever I think, he blamed the few lbs for a 1st rd stoppage, and neglecting to add that Solis was actually dropped by a punch. The effect on his legs was the cause of the awkward way in which he went down. This was very carefully gone into on TV, in Slo -Mo, over and over, showing every movement of his legs and feet after the paralysing punch. It happens sometimes.

I remember the last boxer I actually followed, Tokunbo Olajide, was fighting Epifanio Mendoza who was a late substitute for Larry Marks (whom Olajide fought a little later, KO'ing him in a rd or two). Olajide had never heard of him. Mendoza attacked him immediately, something like Mayorga in his heyday, hit Olajide and knocked him down in the first few seconds. Olajide tried to get up, and was astonished when he couldn't. They found that his ankle was broken. It was the way he went down, his body dropped but his legs were temporarily disoriented. TKO.

All Olajide would say was that he was surprised by "this huge guy I saw across the ring, I didn't know he was so big"....He didn't make any excuses. Until then he was close to landing a title fight.
                      same thing when michael grant lost to mccline. he wasn't hurt by the punch but broke his ankle when he fell awkwardly. same thing when mccline lost to valuev. he tore his knee up & it wasn't even a hard punch he got hit with. freak accidents happen sometimes & this happened to solis. he got 1.75 million & needs a couple of wins & he's back in the title picture. no problem for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X