No announcement yet.

Compubox is a Pile of Crap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compubox is a Pile of Crap

No self-respecting boxing fan would seriously use it to justify an argument.

That is all.

IS not compubox counted by two fat guys in big eyeglasses?

Comment

i agree it's total crap and hbo does a disservice by continually quoting it on broadcasts. it might be accurate in some fights but fights like calzaghe-hopkins its totally off and has confused many people into thinking he actually was landing punches. just use your own eyes and watch closely where the punches are landing not just who is throwing more.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        i agree it's total crap and hbo does a disservice by continually quoting it on broadcasts. it might be accurate in some fights but fights like calzaghe-hopkins its totally off and has confused many people into thinking he actually was landing punches. just use your own eyes and watch closely where the punches are landing not just who is throwing more.
        We all saw Felix Trinidad land 160+ punches on Oscar De La Hoya. We all saw Floyd Mayweather land 220 punches on De La Hoya too, and De La Hoya land over 120 on Floyd.

Comment

i think its a nice feature to have to enhance a fight, but i agree that it's not necessarily an effective tool to argue who won a close fight...

Comment

People only bring it up when they can use it to their advantage. When used against them, they simply say "compubox is garbage".

I agree with you, though.

Comment

if they want to have people go back and watch the fight in slow-mo to accurately count and release the numbers after the fight that would be more acceptable. but in their frantic rush to have more info on the spot they are just muddling up the sport.

Comment

if they want to have people go back and watch the fight in slow-mo to accurately count and release the numbers after the fight that would be more acceptable. but in their frantic rush to have more info on the spot they are just muddling up the sport.
                You really can't blame the counters for being inaccurate. There's pro fighters in there, punching fast, slipping punches fast, it's not easy to get it accurately.

Hell, even in slow-mo, a guy pulls back from a jab and it's not always see how much (if any) really hits the guy's face.

Comment

That's because it is only used by HBO and no one else.

Comment

this thread needs a bump........

Comment

Working...
                    X