Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's how Andre Ward will eventually lose...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's how Andre Ward will eventually lose...

First off, I'm a huge Andre Ward fan - he's like Floyd Mayweather + a killer instinct, it's awesome. But nobody's invincible...

Ward was dropped when he fought journeyman Darnell Boone a few years ago, and a couple times in the Allan Green fight it seemed to me like Ward was hurt for just a moment (a left hook at one point, and also a body shot, if I remember correctly) - so I think that although Ward doesn't have a bad chin by any means, he's still somewhat vulnerable in that area. You can also throw Ward off a little bit if you put alot of pressure on him and make things rough - ex. Sakio Bika in the early rounds of their fight, before Ward's superior skill broke Bika down.

So I think that Ward will lose when he is faced, eventually, with a puncher who can either catch him with a hard shot and hurt him bad, or out-muscle him and break him down the way Ward did against the less skilled Sakio Bika and the less skilled / weaker Allan Green. Fortunately for Ward there's really no one out there at the moment who has enough of these qualities to exploit Ward's vulnerabilities - the ancient Glen Johnson, maybe, or Bute if he gets lucky and catches Ward... I could even see Arthur Abraham catching Ward with something big and KOing or TKOing him, although I wouldn't put money on it since although Abraham can punch, he'll probably never hit Ward at all since he's no good at luring his opponnents into exchanges and doesn't like to fight on the inside, and he's never gonna hit Ward at long range. Pavlik might actually have more of a shot against Ward than most people would think, although Ward would probably just do an exact replica of B-Hop's strategy, maybe with some additional in-fighting, and beat Pavlik up pretty good.

If a time-portal opened, however, then Nigel Benn could KO Ward. Also, Marvin Hagler would walk right through him (although I realize that saying that is sort of like saying that Ward would lose if he fought Superman).
    Last edited by stick the jab; 12-20-2010, 04:29 PM.

Bute has a good chance.

Also froch if he fights smart and can lead him onto something

Comment

like i said before, if dirrel can get his stuff together, he'll outbox ward easy...

froch has the tools to put him on his back if he can get his jab working...froch also can get dirty with sob's (son of bernard) dirty fighting style

Comment

Working...
      X