Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slick african american style is a myth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is up with this 'african american' style? Nicolino Locche used a floyd Mayweather esque defensive style years and years before even Mayweather's father, and a few Argentinians before him have used that kind in the past. I love it when peopel act like Flyod Sr. 'invented' that stance.

whats more, guys like Benny Leonard were using this 'slick' style back in the early parts of the 1900s.

what people are stupid about is that they dont recongnise that every single style EVER had a weakness. I mean look at Ray Robinson and Henry Armstrong, two of the widely received greatest fighters of all time...contrary to opular belief, NEITHER of them were really slick boxers, they were both offensive oriented fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
      Chavez was beaten soundly & got a gift draw,the rest are accurate!!
      I said stretched to the limit...not beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        Only in NSB does the idea that the "slick african american" style is somehow superior exist. Propagated only recently by *****s and pachaters. But boxing history shows us time and time again the "slick" style beaten and battered by styles that were supposedly tailor made for them.

Chad Dawson outworked by Jean Pascal

Zab Judah beaten by slow plodders Kostya tsyu and Carlos Baldomir

Roy Jones jr beaten by southpaw Antonio Tarver

Pernell Whitaker stretched to the limit by come forward Julio Cesar Chavez.

And even Floyd Mayweather himself arguably beaten by 1dimensional Jose luis Castillo.
        So those four fights (I say four because the last one is complete BS) somehow disprove that the many many many times that slick styles have crushed more basic styles is a myth??? getthe****outtahere!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
          I said stretched to the limit...not beaten.
          Almost all of Whitaker's fights went the distance. Stretched to the limit indicates that he struggled in the fight.

Comment

Actually this whole color style is a myth, you either have the skills or you don't. Pirog said he prefers to fight Americans because they are easier to hit due to them trying to be more flashy and the Europeans are more technical and take less risks, therefore they are more risky. I would agree with that. Mayweather is not a risk taker, neither is BHop, they are so difficult to beat because they don't engage in battles. Wlad has turned into a great defensive fighter as well under Steward, when he was younger, he was more offensive minded, look where that got him. Interestingly enough, to a lot of US fans Wlad is "boring" but Mayweather or BHop are defensive genesius, I suspect the US fans are being biased, because Wlad delivers way more KOs than those two.

Comment

Dude said Kostya was a "slow plodder"....

If you are going break down a "myth", KNOW the fighters you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by V-3 View Post
                Dude said Kostya was a "slow plodder"....

If you are going break down a "myth", KNOW the fighters you mentioned.
                I was taking this thread seriously until I realized who the TS was and remembered a discussion I had with him once about Pinoy belt holders.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
                  Actually this whole color style is a myth, you either have the skills or you don't. Pirog said he prefers to fight Americans because they are easier to hit due to them trying to be more flashy and the Europeans are more technical and take less risks, therefore they are more risky. I would agree with that. Mayweather is not a risk taker, neither is BHop, they are so difficult to beat because they don't engage in battles. Wlad has turned into a great defensive fighter as well under Steward, when he was younger, he was more offensive minded, look where that got him. Interestingly enough, to a lot of US fans Wlad is "boring" but Mayweather or BHop are defensive genesius, I suspect the US fans are being biased, because Wlad delivers way more KOs than those two.
                  um, Hopkins and Mayweather have been called 'boring' a lot, especially after gunshy performances. Borehard Slopkins rings a bell.

most people forgive Hopkins now because hes incredibly old though.

Comment

kosta slow plodder???

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                      Slick pure boxers have always ruled boxing, brawlers always get whooped on and they have short careers that end with them having speech problems.
                      lol complete nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X