Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more feared in boxing right now...GGG or Chocolatito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
    Gennady Golovkin.

Roman Gonzalez fears Naoya Inoue.
    So why did Inoue skip flyweight all together?

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      Mthalane vs Gonzalez would be explosive and McWilliams has yet to come back from his loss last year at the hands of the IBF champion. I love watching Roman fight because he has mastered his style, the subtle movements, the leverage and balance he maintains while perfectly cutting off the ring is astounding and to top things off, his brutal power. All those rolled into a tiny frame and you have a very special fighter whom has a great resume and hasn't even hit 30 yet.

Again, prior to the Yaegashi fight Roman had some great and very relevant wins, but not at 112. I think we both could agree that his resume at 112 was subpar prior to Akira, and now his second most significant win at 112 is Rocky Fuentes(not a "great" win).

If anything I don't really label those fighters as "ducks" or "afraid", because time and time again they have displayed their courage when they are pitted against each other. I think the main problem down there will always be the economic aspect of the sport. They simply don't make enough. If I recall correctly I think they were offering Roman and Estrada like 150k or some atrociously low figure for the rematch... this was from HBO! Imagine, Roman Gonzalez, the lineal/WBC Flyweight champion in a rematch against the WBO/WBA Unified Flyweight champion JFE... for a bus ticket pass and a few extra coins in HBO's deep pockets, laughable to say the least.

Anyway I hope Roman lands atleast a half decent fighter if he does end up on the HBO undercard in May. With enough exposure and interest I'm sure him and Estrada could finally have their rematch, as long as the money is finally fair towards the two little giants.

Well, I said my piece. I admire Roman and his resume is everything GGG would dream of having at this stage in his career. Although he may not land all the fights we want to see him in, Roman does land enough to have accumulated 3 world titles in 3 separate divisions, GGG on the other hand, not so much. I respect your views and admire your knowledgeable posts but I retain my views and opinions and honestly believe GGG is much more avoided/feared/ducked than Roman Gonzalez.
      I know I won't make any friends by saying this, but every time I rewatch Gonzalez vs. Estrada, I have a tough time not scoring it 115-113 if not a draw. This statement is coming from one of the biggest Chocolatito fans you will ever meet. They must fight again! The fact that HBO is low balling this fight is ridiculous. If any good comes from Al Haymon's new endeavor, it might be that HBO is gonna have to seek out these type of fights to stay competitive with all of the new boxing outlets that are going to be opening up this year.

And I think in the end we can all agree that GGG is definitely more feared. I just had to ask for the sake of good boxing debate.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        obviously Khan is the most feared -- Mayweather ducked him 3 times, Pacquiao, Marquez (3 HOFs), Bradley, Broner ducked too. Thats 3 hall of famers who ducked Khan, name any other fighter in history who was ducked by 3 hall of famers. Khan is the most feared fighter who ever lived.
        You talking about this guy?

Comment

Aside from that it wont change the fact that many variables played a significant factor in their first fight. Since then Estrada has grown into a more polished and defined fighter and has done extremely well for himself too.
          As if Chocolatito hasnt improve himself.. he is a better boxer than he was, thats for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Your right
            And that is why boxing is treated as a niche 2nd rate sport
            As much as I want to support Roc Nation Sports because of the new fans they can bring to the sport, they're really pissing me off by signing up two of GGG's biggest possible fights. We all know that they didn't throw millions at their new fighters to turn around and toss either of them into the lions den.

Comment

Well aren't they all fighting each other at the moment?

Kazuto Ioka and Reveco are facing off soon for Reveco's title.

Estrada takes on Saludar at the end of the month and defends both titles.

Viloria was left out in the cold by both Estrada and Roman recently.

Hernan Marquez is beyond shot and supposedly priced himself out of the Roman match and the Estrada fight fell through.

Segura needs to rebuild.

Casimero needs to truly begin his campaign.

Yaegashi dropped down in weight after losing to Roman and got brutally KO'd by Pedro Guevara.

Amnat Ruenroeng just beat Shiming today.

Nawaphon Por Chokchai and Sosa are facing off to determine the number one challenger for Roman's belt.

What are you saying exactly? Didn't Roman just land the biggest belts around after doing practically nothing at 112 prior to scoring the Akira match? He fought Rocky Fuentes and some no name and was being lined up to take on Naoya Inoue for his 115 strap after doing what exactly? The division is deep, you're right but I don't see anyone avoiding Roman or "ducking" him.
              What's the chance that HBO would try to land Ruenroeng for Gonzalez? The guy is streaking in a big way and it would be a unification match. The only flyweight fighters that I would want to see him fight on HBO would be Estrada, Viloria, Mthalane, or Ruenroeng. I have a feeling it will be either Adrian Hernandez or Juan Hernandez though.

Comment

GGG is more feared then Gonzalez no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
                  you are just salty He defeated Estrada and Estrada dont want to shell the cash to rematch him..
                  Awh mate, you're literally devoid of logic

Comment

Chocolatito is already marked by inoue

Comment

Working...
                    X