No announcement yet.

Any Andrew Dice Clay Fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck that fat prick.

Imagine the outcry if an Italian comedian made a living off of acting like a Jew.

With that said, he's had some funny moments I guess.

Comment

I have heard Dice perform live. I found his work to be a substantially better than average. I am no "standup comedy aficionado[,]" but I have heard so many so-called comics perform live, I have forgotten more performers than most others have actually heard.

I do not normally watch tv specials, but I had attended his practice residency in Las Vegas (Riviera), so I wanted to see what became of it by watching his SHO special.

If you guys have watched it, and still the same way, I do not know what to say. He does not do the nursery until the end, as an epilogue or send-off of sorts. Yes, there is a lot of sexual topical humour, so does Lisa Lampanelli's sets but those performances are an unrivaled riot wherever her tour stops.

Comment

LOL, dice is the worst. He's still doing the same shtick today. Jokes that your second grossest friend came up with in study hall. I've always assumed that most of his fans were kids or really, really immature/dumb adults.

Comment

Seems to me most stand up comedy today is about toilets, testicles and drugs.
          And the black comedians always add "white people be like..." schtick.

Very little political commentary, like Mort Sahl used to do. I suppose Bill Maher adds
          politics to his stand up, but does anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

Very little political commentary, like Mort Sahl used to do. I suppose Bill Maher adds
            Dennis Miller, although I don't know if he still does standup.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Dennis Miller, although I don't know if he still does standup.
              Yes, he does politics. But still, a very small percent of comedians go near
              anything other than **** and toilets for their humor. IMO.

Comment

I don't really listen to stand up, but I found Joe Rogans podcast's with Clay to be very entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

Lewis Black also does politics quite well.

Overall you're right, though. Standup is another art casualty of the 21st century.

Comment

Working...
                  X