No announcement yet.

[photo] Khan using a neck strength machine under Virgil Hunter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronerobron View Post
    just walk away, its not like your man love for floyd is actually a secret.
    You seem to bring up Floyd and balls alot..

w.e its 2012 you can be what you want

Comment

If they could remove the peice his head is in and put him in the ring with that he'd be great.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
        Haha cool. What the hell is that thing supposed to do? And what is that guy doing at the other end?

It works the muscles on the back of the neck. The one on the other end is for the muscles on the side of the neck. The guy just tilts his head over to the right overcoming the force created by that hydraulic cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
          That is interesting but most Kos are result of brain trauma from acceleration and impacts against the inner part of the skull... I think it is the most accepted theory.
          I have have a feeling you have never been hit with a good hook to the side of you head. All your nerves come out through your vertebrates down your body...this is your central nervous system. Sharp sideways pressure on them travels to the nerves. It can send shockwaves through your body. I know because the 1st time I took a good right hook from my sparring partner I felt a wave run down my right arm. I was so mad I wanted to retaliate with the most vicious shot I could take at him...but my right arm was like a wet noodle and hardly moved. Fortunately a second later that wave reversed and I had my arm back.

That was 13 years ago and I immediately started training my neck. Today I have a neck like a bull. A crunch to the vertebrae can cause anything from what I described to a flash knock down...or total loss of your legs and getting KTFO. The only reason you say what you said is because you haven't a clue what you are talking about. But thanks for your explanation all the same.
          Last edited by jaded; 10-25-2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            You seem to bring up Floyd and balls alot..

w.e its 2012 you can be what you want
            You can be as protective of floyd's nonexistent coward of a balls all you want, for all i care.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronerobron View Post
              You can be as protective of floyd's nonexistent coward of a balls all you want, for all i care.
              If you want to make a separate thread and talk about balls go for it, but this thread is about neck strength...

Comment

Just throwing this out there, Floyd has huge traps.
                Umm....no. Floyd is quite small period. Great boxer...but nothing is huge on him except his ego.

Can anyone make out the brand name? It looks like a weird machine, lateral raises on one side and this neck thing on the other
                It's Hydra-Gym...they have been making various neck machines since the 80's...they were/are used in the NFL as well as by boxers and MMA guys...if your remember in that old Rocky movie Ivan Drago was seen using one while training.

Last edited by jaded; 10-26-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Strong neck muscles act like shock absorbers. This will definitely help Khan absorb a punch better.

Freddie Roach is probably kicking himself for not thinking of that.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    Umm....no. Floyd is quite small period. Great boxer...but nothing is huge on him except his ego.

He has a big neck

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      I find the biggest advantage of a machine over a headstrap is that when you go heavy with a head strap it rips up the skin on your forehead...I wear a tuque and it still scraps me up...especially if you use a nylon strap...they are like ginsu knives. Machines are well padded and very comfortably and that never happens...but very few gyms have them.
                      Jesus, bro, what kind of equipment are you using? Here's a link to the headstrap I used to use years ago: http://www.ironmind-store.com/A-Head...ductinfo/1232/

The product is more expensive than I recall; but if you're serious, it's worth it. The materials and design are about as comfortable as these contraptions get.
                      Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 10-26-2012, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X