Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    For Johnson:

I have seen all 3 fights with Saad Muhammad
    vs Spinks
    vs Galindez
    vs Leslie Stewart

and I basically have seen Lopez vs a lot of the same opponents
    Johnson was way past his prime for those fights with Stewart. That's like watching Ali in 76 or 77. And Johnson only fought Saad Muhammad two times.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      Johnson was way past his prime for those fights with Stewart. That's like watching Ali in 76 or 77. And Johnson only fought Saad Muhammad two times.
      Oh damn. I was about to ask him what happened in their 3rd fight. Since he saw it and I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Oh damn. I was about to ask him what happened in their 3rd fight. Since he saw it and I didn't.
        Damn. That would have been funny!

Comment

Yeah he fought Saad Muhammad twice and Mustafa Muhammad once I know I am not the only one who mixes them up sometimes

Comment

Yeah he fought Saad Muhammad twice and Mustafa Muhammad once I know I am not the only one who mixes them up sometimes
            The reality is that people who saw them fight didn't mix them up. But I can see where people who read about them would.

Comment

The reality is that people who saw them fight didn't mix them up. But I can see where people who read about them would.
              Oh please I watched all of those fights I mentioned its an easy mistake.

Comment

I think I'm the only person in the world who naturally calls EMM Eddie Gregory still. I grew up on people calling him gregory.

Comment

Oh please I watched all of those fights I mentioned its an easy mistake.
                  The point is you've only seen 5 fights for one fighter and expect people to take your word, whereas you have said you need a minimum of 8 for fighters before 1970 to judge. Can you see the double standard here? Im not trying to break your balls, but logical conclusions can be drawn without your prerequisite. You've drawn your own after breaking your own rule of thumb and you're obviously not versed in either mans opponents or the era. I can understand not knowing about certain fighters, era's etc., most of the posters here including myself lack knowledge of many fighters, era's and particulars, but we aren't blindly judging with an excuse. I don't expect you to agree with everything anyone say's, but I've held out hope for awhile now that you would at least try and learn. Take that however you want, but our arrangement stands. The rest of this forum can be a free for all, but this section will be reserved for serious discussion at least 90% of the time as long as Im overseeing it.

Comment

Everyone from that Era knows that Marvin Johnson didn't fight Matthew Saad Muhammad 3 times.

That's a mistake that no one who saw the 2 fights with Saad Muhammad and the single fight with Musta Muhammad would make.

It would be the same thing as Saul Alvarez fighting Miguel Cotto later this year and then someone saying "I saw Alvaerz' 2 fights with Cotto"

Just wouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      Johnson beat Stewart the first time.

Comment

Working...
                      X