No announcement yet.

Chavez jr vs abraham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez jr vs abraham

Who takes this fight? I think this is a very winnable fight for jr just due to his workrate. Can jr take abrahams punches?

I would pick Chavez to win by decision, but his chin is still questionable. Let's see how he takes Sergio's punch first.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      I would pick Chavez to win by decision, but his chin is still questionable. Let's see how he takes Sergio's punch first.
      Agreed, but I think this would be a fun fight to watch

Comment

Originally posted by I am evol View Post
        Agreed, but I think this would be a fun fight to watch
        if chavez beats martinez this would be a great fight for him in super middle weight. a winnable fight but I think he would get a lot of respect if he won.

Comment

I think he gets KOd, Abraham's power is levels ahead of anything JCC has ever felt and JR is WIDE open for those shots with his terrible defense.

Comment

I'm really not impressed with Abraham, but his power is a problem. Chavez not having to drain himself would help his punch resistance, so he'd probably be able to absorb AA's power. I see Chavez smothering him on the ropes and letting off body shots like there's no tomorrow, and AA would let him do it because he'll be too worried about his stamina to retaliate.

The style advantage belongs to Chavez.

Comment

Chavez is moving up to 168 win or lose after Sergio. I could see Chavez fighting someone like Pavlik in February and than Abraham in May.

Comment

chavez is going to have to change his style in this fight imo..fight from the outside and be as busy as possible...AA dont know how to counter so as long as chavez keeps him at bay (which i think he's capable of given AA has a very limited boxing skills, yes worse than chavez), he beats him pretty handily

Comment

It's winnable but like someone else said AA power is real when reminds himself to throw. When pressure fighters get close to him and aren't as creative in getting away or aren't quick enough to do it after their combos he can find you with that power. when he's able to do that, it's actually kinda hard to over take him in a fight imo. He'll let you get off, but he's constantly returning fire with power. it eventually keeps you at bay and he has a way of taking over a fight even if other guy is mroe active

JR would have to try the froch strategy imo...there were a couple times in some fights where he experimented boxing and using length, so this fight would have to mix it up for sure
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 08-25-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                    if chavez beats martinez this would be a great fight for him in super middle weight. a winnable fight but I think he would get a lot of respect if he won.
                    I thought they were saving the WBC belt for him.... didn't they strip ward and it's still vacant?

Comment

Working...
                    X