No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I'm Getting Better, I'll Be Sharper With Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Fighting highly skilled, better fighters and struggling is not showing signs of decline. Its what happens when you face bogus opposition for so long. JMM was just a better and more skilled opponent than Marg at 150 , cotto at 145, and clottey and hatton.

If you say so. However popular public opinion plays out the truth always comes out. Floyd is to boxing what Jose Canseco was to baseball. You can change the narrative nd spin it anyway you want. The truth will never change. Manny did the same as ODH and SHane. WHy, you gotta ask them. Me, id have fought the best, at my best.

I think floyd moved out the way and let the fighters at ww build there name and brand up so a fight with them would be more profitable. Same thing every top boxing star has done since 1970 or so. So if they can do it, so can floyd. Its the perk of the position.

Of course when he came back he fought JMM at 146, renegotiating 144 weight clause and paying $600k when he couldn't make weight. Funny, floyd didn't have a problem with such a highly skilled opponent.

Cotto, Mosley, Williams, Margarito, all declined from Floyd's vacation period.

Floyd as always waits for a fighter to decline then pounces when the time is right.

Still can't explain how a 35 year old welter is getting better after almost 20 years in the sport.

Who else has done this?

Anybody know what PEDs you can take in a year cycle and then they clear your body in 3-4 months, that improve size and strength and power?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      yes that is true, but a fighter of floyds caliber wouldnt lose his cool if something isnt going his way right away. he would adapt and figure out what to do to change the outcome. of course there are no certainties in boxing, but when floyd is fighting, it IS a certainty that he will figure his opponent out one way or another
      So far so good for him but if he keeps stuffing his face with burgers, fries, and onion rings, he may lose a crucial step.....just saying, you don't want Floyd coming in the ring getting mistaken for Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Floyd never gets frustrated, why? He figures guys out after a few rounds. What if he had to keep sizing the dude up because of all the different looks and angles. Who did Floyd say his toughest fight was against? Emmanuel Augustus...that guy was nothing but different angles.

There are more facets to winning a fight than purely physical. What would Floyd do if frustrated, how would he look losing his cool? Something to think about, there are no certainties in boxing.....nothing is statistically guaranteed.
        Floyd doesn't get frustrated easily unless you come at him like Vic with the headbutt. I think how he handled adversity against zab and shane illustrates that it is unlikely he will make mental mistakes. That said, I do think if the ref were to constantly intervene or if he were cut and the ringside physician kept stopping the fight to check it, that could annoy him and make him lose focus.

Comment

Floyd never gets frustrated, why? He figures guys out after a few rounds. What if he had to keep sizing the dude up because of all the different looks and angles. Who did Floyd say his toughest fight was against? Emmanuel Augustus...that guy was nothing but different angles.
          He never gets frustrated because he's a poised fighter. He's focused when he gets in there. And the Emmanuel Augustus was a tough one also because Floyd had been off for a while as well. And that was years ago. Floyd is much more cerebral now.

There are more facets to winning a fight than purely physical. What would Floyd do if frustrated, how would he look losing his cool? Something to think about, there are no certainties in boxing.....nothing is statistically guaranteed.
          When have you ever seen this happened though? It hasn't. And, I agree, there is more to fighting than just the physical aspect. Floyd is a very smart fighter, which is what he largely beats his opponents on.

Comment

So far so good for him but if he keeps stuffing his face with burgers, fries, and onion rings, he may lose a crucial step.....just saying, you don't want Floyd coming in the ring getting mistaken for Toney.
            Someone photoshop Floyd's face on Toney's body, NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

Floyd as always waits for a fighter to decline then pounces when the time is right.
              Still can't explain how a 35 year old welter is getting better after almost 20 years in the sport.

Who else has done this?

Anybody know what PEDs you can take in a year cycle and then they clear your body in 3-4 months, that improve size and strength and power?
              If you believe he does then that means you believe he did it when he did it while at top rank. Manny is at top rank now, so I guess the same principle holds. Manny fought ODH, Hatton and Shane after Floyd he fought clottey, Marg and Cotto after they fought each other. But I don't see you complaining when manny does it.

Comment

Who else has done this?

i think manny pacquiao would be the most qualified to answer that question, but from what I know, its deca durabolin, and trenbolone acetate.

not even pac.tards such as yourself are gonna argue that floyd is on PEDs, you are one of a kind clown it looks like. Its easy to see what youre tryin to do here, and I hope you carry on with it as long as possible, because I know some of the guys here are laughing their azzes off right now at you, but thats nothing new

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  If you believe he does then that means you believe he did it when he did it while at top rank. Manny is at top rank now, so I guess the same principle holds. Manny fought ODH, Hatton and Shane after Floyd he fought clottey, Marg and Cotto after they fought each other. But I don't see you complaining when manny does it.
                  thats cause he doesnt know how floyd and shane and anyone else fought. he started watching boxing in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    thats cause he doesnt know how floyd and shane and anyone else fought. he started watching boxing in 2008
                    I was started watching boxing when you were in diapers son.

Have you noticed the size of Floyd's traps?

Comment

I was started watching boxing when you were in diapers son.

Have you noticed the size of Floyd's traps?
                      ewwww dude. keep that shlt to yourself, this is a public forum...

Comment

Working...
                      X