No announcement yet.

Evander Holyfield vs Lennox Lewis II: scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    42 out of 48 ringside reporters had Holyfield the clear winner and they included the british press association - i had it 115-113 Holyfield
    This was surely because he came back from having been crushed in the first fight to actually challenging his far larger opponents in a few rounds. Anyone who had not watched or even heard of the result of the first fight but who knew how to score boxing would have had Lewis winning comfortably.

Comment

I scored this fight a draw and cant reall see how some of you have Lewis ahead 4 points.

holyfield landed the best punches in the fight also. lewis was stunned, something Lewis couldnt do in both fights to holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by GameGod View Post
        This was surely because he came back from having been crushed in the first fight to actually challenging his far larger opponents in a few rounds. Anyone who had not watched or even heard of the result of the first fight but who knew how to score boxing would have had Lewis winning comfortably.
        i agree that Lewis had the better of their first fight but i cannot see how anyone could have given Lewis the nod in their second fight... Holyfield called out to Lewis at the final bell, "i won this fight" .. yet he got shafted by the judges who voted for Lewis after what happened in their first fight.. The ringside reporters scored the second fight on merits with the vast majority having Holyfield as the winner... Holyfield was completely unmarked whereas Lewis was and looked beaten up at the bell.

Comment

Lewis controlled the first but the second was debatable IMO, but I thought the judges got the first two bouts between Barrera and Morales wrong too,

Comment

*Round 1: 10 – 9 Holyfield
            All three judges gave this round to Lewis. Compubox gave it to Holyfield.

Round 2: 9 – 10 Lewis
            All three judges gave this round to Lewis.

*Round 3: 10 – 9 Holyfield
            Holyfield stole the round down the stretch. Landed less over all, but landed better.

Round 4: 9 – 10 Lewis

*Round 5: 9 – 10 Lewis
            Two of the judges gave this round to Holyfield, most likely because Lewis ran away for most of it. These two judges also gave Lewis all of the first 4 rounds, while the third judge (who scored for Lewis this round) actually gave Holyfield 1 of the first 4 (round 3).

Round 6: 10 – 9 Holyfield
            All three judges gave this round to Holyfield.

Round 7: 10 – 9 Holyfield
            All three judges gave this round to Holyfield. Lewis was hurt twice.

*Round 8: 9 – 10 Lewis
            Two of the three judges gave this round to Lewis.

*Round 9: 9 – 10 Lewis
            Two of the three judges gave this round to Lewis.

Round 10: 9 – 10 Lewis

Round 11: 9 – 10 Lewis

*Round 12: 10 – 9 Holyfield
            Two of the three judges gave this round to Lewis. Holyfield was more active and landed the best punches of the round. Harold Lederman gave the round to Holyfield.

Final Score: 113 – 115 Lewis

Score Variances:
            Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 1: 8 – 4 Holyfield
            Scoring all the starred rounds even: 2 – 4 – 6 Lewis
            Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 2: 2 – 10 Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
              Lewis controlled the first but the second was debatable IMO, but I thought the judges got the first two bouts between Barrera and Morales wrong too,
              i agree with you on the Barrera v Morales fights

Comment

I had a recorded tape of the Lewis-Holyfield rematch, What was funny here was the commentary of Col. Bob Sheridan, He actually gave Holyfield the first seven rounds, with the first round even, his final tally was 116-113 in favor of Holyfield!

Comment

I just scored this fight the other day and had Lewis winning by 1 point, but I could easily see a draw as well. Very close fight, Holyfield hurt Lewis on at least 2 occasions while Holyfield was able to swallow Lewis' big uppercuts somehow.

Comment

Working...
                  X