Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casual Hold'em players...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Casual Hold'em players...

I like playing hold'em for no money to practice and for fun when there isn't the means to find an actual table for money somewhere, but I find it difficult to actually enjoy a game when there are casual players/non players not taking it seriously to the point where an actual realistic poker environment doesn't exist.

I don't understand how some people can find enjoyment in doing irrational things like going all in every hand pre flop and/or bluffing every single hand.

What is so hard about approaching the game correctly and not throwing caution to the wind just because there is no money at stake? How do you expect to get better like that, and if you don't care about the game or getting better, why even play? Antagonizing other players is a childish form of entertainment if you do it at the expense of your own producctivity.

And before anyone says so, no, I am not losing hands to these players, in the end they lose themselves off of the table, but the point of the rant is that I wish I could enjoy a good game without worrying about checking an obsenely absurd and trollish bet every single turn, it's unrealistic and it takes away from the spirit of the game.

That is all.

I once lost real money (About $300) to someone who played like a total *******.

I had pocket aces, and on the flop is another ace. Chances of anyone having a better hand: 0%.

This dick had the 2 7 of diamonds, and a diamond comes out on the flop. So he not only calls my raise (or possibly I hadn't raised and was slow playing) but reraises me.

After a while I get confused... I KNOW I've got the best possible hand, but this ****'s raising like he's got something. I'm like "eh???"

The turn, and another diamond comes. He reraises me twice.

I don't have to tell you what comes on the river.

I told him he deserved to have AIDS.

Comment

hey american comrade lets play poker on line. what is the website is good for poker?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        I once lost real money (About $300) to someone who played like a total *******.

I had pocket aces, and on the flop is another ace. Chances of anyone having a better hand: 0%.

This dick had the 2 7 of diamonds, and a diamond comes out on the flop. So he not only calls my raise (or possibly I hadn't raised and was slow playing) but reraises me.

After a while I get confused... I KNOW I've got the best possible hand, but this ****'s raising like he's got something. I'm like "eh???"

The turn, and another diamond comes. He reraises me twice.

I don't have to tell you what comes on the river.

I told him he deserved to have AIDS.
        You do know Poker is classed as gambling?

Comment

Playing poker online I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
            You say that like it's a bad thing. And to me that's just a category. I prefer to think of it as, critical thinking with money at stake.
            Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            Playing poker online I assume?
            On my smart phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
              You mean because it's illegal in most States? I never got that... you can buy guns but not put a few cents down on a sporting fixture.

Anyway, I'm not really from Fat Yankistan.

Comment

I have some buddies who played pro for a while. I can't believed it's still banned in the U.S.

The best way to get better is to read a ton of literature and start at micro stakes to build good habits and your bankroll.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  I have some buddies who played pro for a while. I can't believed it's still banned in the U.S.

The best way to get better is to read a ton of literature and start at micro stakes to build good habits and your bankroll.
                  Recommend some literature please.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Recommend some literature please.
                    Go here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/

They have forums for all levels of players, and could recommend literature. I don't know, since I never really got into poker. I like playing with friends after watching fights, but that's the extent of my exposure/knowledge.

Warning: forum is much, and I mean, MUCH BETTER, than here. Once you start posting there, you won't come back here. People on there are generally intelligent and bright (unlike here). They're also much funnier.

Comment

Working...
                    X