No announcement yet.

Pippen > Kobe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    Kobe copied Jordan and he made a big hoopla over how he LOVES to play defense just like Jordan so through perception he was voted on that team.

so because Kobe said he loves to play defense, that's how he got voted in

focking WOW

im done with you...talk to me when hockey season comes back...its the only sport you understand...this basketball thing isn't really making you too bright

Comment

replace Kobe with prime Pippen and Lakers would have beaten Thunder this year.
      without shaq, kobe got 2 rings.

without pip, jordan has how many????? without jordan, pip has how many?????

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        so because Kobe said he loves to play defense, that's how he got voted in

focking WOW

im done with you...talk to me when hockey season comes back...its the only sport you understand...this basketball thing isn't really making you too bright
        yes thats the truth and you know it. Everyone was dying to crown the next heir to Jordan that they jumped the gun and gave to Kobe just cuz he jacked Jordan's technique so he looked a lot like him on the court.

Nash has 2 mvp trophies. Does that mean Nash was the best player in the league those 2 years? over Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Shaq, Wade...... hell no.

Comment

I understand nba and its statistics very well thank you.

the only scoring stat that matters for me is POINTS PER SHOT. I don't even need to check it to know that Kobe doesn't have a high rating in that.... but you can probably do that for me.
          Well, I don't think you do. If you knew anything about NBA stats you'd know that when I showed Kobe has a higher TS% that basically translates into Kobe scoring more points per shot. That's what TRUE shooting % does.

At age 28 Kobe had 1.39 Points per shot compared to Pippen's 1.23 points per shot...And again, this isn't even Kobe's best season, but it's Pippen's best.

For their entire careers Kobes is still better. Pippen averaged 1.21 during his career and Kobe is averaging 1.29 during his career.

It's a ****ing fact that Kobe is a more efficient player than Pippen. It's not even a debate. He's lead his teams to the finals 7 times. Won 5 times. Was Finals MVP twice. Pippen doesn't come close to those achievements. He's not on Kobe's level.

Comment

the only scoring stat that matters for me is POINTS PER SHOT. I don't even need to check it to know that Kobe doesn't have a high rating in that.... but you can probably do that for me.
            #2. Pippen is a more efficient scorer. Prime Pippen was more of a 21-6-8 with .490 FG% on 15 shots a game. Prime Kobe is 27-5-5 with .450 FG% on 24 shots a game.

to say its not close is ridiculous.
            I also think it's funny how you tried to give me the FG% and then later you try and tell me the only shooting stat you care about is points per FGA. Just stop. You're trying real hard right now to discredit Kobe and act like Pippen was some efficient offensive player who only has a low PPG because he played with MJ.

Pippen was not very good offensively. And in the NBA, that matters a lot. Look at the best franchise players. Their always either elite scorers(MJ,Kobe, Lebron) or dominate Centers(Hakeem,Shaq,Duncan to an extent).

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
              Well, I don't think you do. If you knew anything about NBA stats you'd know that when I showed Kobe has a higher TS% that basically translates into Kobe scoring more points per shot. That's what TRUE shooting % does.

At age 28 Kobe had 1.39 Points per shot compared to Pippen's 1.23 points per shot...And again, this isn't even Kobe's best season, but it's Pippen's best.

For their entire careers Kobes is still better. Pippen averaged 1.21 during his career and Kobe is averaging 1.29 during his career.

It's a ****ing fact that Kobe is a more efficient player than Pippen. It's not even a debate. He's lead his teams to the finals 7 times. Won 5 times. Was Finals MVP twice. Pippen doesn't come close to those achievements. He's not on Kobe's level.
              first off, when Kobe actually has to carry his team, they dont' achieve anything. Its only when his team carries him are the Lakers winners. He made it to the finals 4 times with Shaq and 3 times with Gasol, Bynum and Odom. Those guys are more than just role players as they proved when Kobe had horrible shooting games against the Celtics in the finals and they still won the title.

Also Pippen carried his team with ZERO help to the East finals in 94 and if it weren't for the refs the Bulls would have been in finals that year without Jordan. Most ppl thought Pippen should have gotten the mvp that season.

Comment

actually no. bynum is not included. he missed the playoffs for both rings without shaq.

the 2x he was healthy is the 2x la got bounced in the 2nd round.

and are you going to tell me pau is a top 50 atg? or lamar odom a hof?

mj, rodman **** all over pau and odom.

so how great is kobe's supporting cast compared to the bull's 6 ring teams?

Comment

first off, when Kobe actually has to carry his team, they dont' achieve anything. Its only when his team carries him are the Lakers winners. He made it to the finals 4 times with Shaq and 3 times with Gasol, Bynum and Odom. Those guys are more than just role players as they proved when Kobe had horrible shooting games against the Celtics in the finals and they still won the title.

Also Pippen carried his team with ZERO help to the East finals in 94 and if it weren't for the refs the Bulls would have been in finals that year without Jordan. Most ppl thought Pippen should have gotten the mvp that season.
                  Wtf are you talking about? He's had bad games and his teammates were forced to help him out before. It's a team game. It happens to everyone. Hell just look back at the entire 1996 finals. Jordan had a horrible series against the Sonics, but the Bulls still beat them. Do you also think in 1996 that Scottie Pippen and Toni Kukoc carried Jordan?

1996 NBA Finals MVP-Michael Jordan with averages of 27/5/4 on 42% FG%
                  2010 Finals MVP-Kobe Bryant with averages of 29/8/4 on 41% FG%

Both of them shot a bad % in those series. Both the Supersonics and Celtics were the top defensive teams at the time. You need to understand that when playing a top defensive team in the league your best players shooting % will suffer. That doesn't translate to having a bad series. It also doesn't mean they were "carried" by their teammates. Jordan and Kobe both carried their teams to a title that year despite shooting poorly in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                    Wtf are you talking about? He's had bad games and his teammates were forced to help him out before. It's a team game. It happens to everyone. Hell just look back at the entire 1996 finals. Jordan had a horrible series against the Sonics, but the Bulls still beat them. Do you also think in 1996 that Scottie Pippen and Toni Kukoc carried Jordan?

1996 NBA Finals MVP-Michael Jordan with averages of 27/5/4 on 42% FG%
                    2010 Finals MVP-Kobe Bryant with averages of 29/8/4 on 41% FG%

Both of them shot a bad % in those series. Both the Supersonics and Celtics were the top defensive teams at the time. You need to understand that when playing a top defensive team in the league your best players shooting % will suffer. That doesn't translate to having a bad series. It also doesn't mean they were "carried" by their teammates. Jordan and Kobe both carried their teams to a title that year despite shooting poorly in the finals.
                    All you need to know is this...... the Lakers(with Shaq) didn't win a title in 2003 and 2004 seasons yet Shaq won a title with Miami in 06 when he was clearly a shell of his former self.

That tells you all you need to know about how much Kobe destroys a team. He's lucky that he's playing with the Lakers and everyone likes to play there otherwise he wouldn't have any titles.
                    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-21-2012, 12:46 AM.

Comment

All I got out of this thread was that there was a pretty good athlete that played that old hoop and shoot back, in dem good ole 90's.

I mean....

Comment

Working...
                      X