No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Source: Peterson Tests Positive For Synthetic Testosterone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take this FWIW

@VictorConte I believe many athletes in MMA & boxing are abusing testosterone. CIR screening would catch them & T/E does not. Kizer should listen up! Apr 29

@VictorConte 4:1 T/E ratio testing protocol may be the biggest loophole in drug testing. Synthetic testosterone use is rampant in sports. May 4

@VictorConte I've been outspoken about the rampant use of synthetic testosterone in sport for years. Smarter CIR testing would catch a lot more athletes May 4

@VictorConte Mayweather/Cotto testing by USADA. If either used test & had normal T/E then no positive. Alvarez/Mosley testing by VADA. Busted May 4

@VictorConte My opinion is that Lamont Peterson's use of synthetic testosterone pellets could be a smart method of doping & beat almost all test method May 8

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      Looks like this fight actually might be on.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...r-test-results

Whether it's a bull**** excuse or not, it kind of sounds like they're getting their way and the fight will continue. My question is this: if he's going to claim he was given synthetic testosterone for a medical issue in November, would it actually still be present in his system in March? Sounds unlikely but I'm not a doctor.
      If the doctor can confirm there was a legit medical reason to give Peterson testosterone pellets then the NSAC might let the fight happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
        Looks like this fight actually might be on.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...r-test-results

Whether it's a bull**** excuse or not, it kind of sounds like they're getting their way and the fight will continue. My question is this: if he's going to claim he was given synthetic testosterone for a medical issue in November, would it actually still be present in his system in March? Sounds unlikely but I'm not a doctor.
        My thing is this.

I'm pissed at Peterson for taking it; but I'm even more pissed at the commission for not catching this like they're suppose to do back in December before the fight.

If this was the first time I heard about someone beating this commission based test, that's one thing. But it seems like the commission isn't catching guys every other month. Let's take Cassamayor and the last guy that fought Broner for example. Thank God they weren't taking a more serious substance; they weren't caught until after the fight. Some aren't caught at all.

This is the test many posters advocate on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          My thing is this.

I'm pissed at Peterson for taking it; but I'm even more pissed at the commission for not catching this like they're suppose to do back in December before the fight.

If this was the first time I heard about someone beating this commission based test, that's one thing. But it seems like the commission isn't catching guys every other month. Let's take Cassamayor and the last guy that fought Broner for example. Thank God they weren't taking a more serious substance; they weren't caught until after the fight. Some aren't caught at all.

This is the test many posters advocate on here.
          They only advocated it because of Manny Pacquiao. It was their way of admitting they believed he was juicing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            If the doctor can confirm there was a legit medical reason to give Peterson testosterone pellets then the NSAC might let the fight happen.
            I don't think its that simple. I'd be shocked if the fight goes through as planned.

Does anyone have any precedent on how the NSAC has handled these types of situation in boxing or MMA?

Comment

• If it's true what they are saying about Lamont Peterson, I hope boxing fans aren't thinking he would be the only boxer out there getting extra help in pill form. Look at the top boxers out there. They all look like mini body builders. In the last 5 or so years you can see the difference in the physical appearance of the top level fighters. If they're saying Lamont Peterson is on something, what's the difference between his physical appearance than that of any of the top fighters in his weight class, including Khan himself. I think Mayweather was on to something when he called for Olympic style testing. Unfortunately, I expect you'll be seeing alot more positive tests in the coming years.

Comment

Working...
              X