Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How likely can Pac-JMM 3 break 1Mil PPVs? If it doesnt will it force PBF-Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So u people out there think ppl really care about this overdue fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

Love how you say that but disregard the fact that HBO/Mark Taffet haven't said a word about Floyd-Ortiz, only GBP and Ellerbe have. Mark Taffet ALWAYS releases the figures to Dan Rafael at ESPN, but for some reason it took a month and 1/2 to count 1.25 mil buys and HBO never made it official?

Double standards at play here.
      Dan seems to have no issue with the numbers but notes in his article that he still hasn't seem official numbers from pac-mosley

lemme know when Arum releases the revenue generated from the bout though homey

Comment

I agree with Floyd fans! It won't break 1M!

For a fight like this I'd expect it make at least 700K+.

Let's see what happens!

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
          So u people out there think ppl really care about this overdue fight ?
          Well we all know if ur not streaming this fight u'll be on here hittin the refresh button every 10 sec to get an update on how the fight is going so don't front.

Comment

Originally posted by LupinIII View Post
            Dan seems to have no issue with the numbers but notes in his article that he still hasn't seem official numbers from pac-mosley

lemme know when Arum releases the revenue generated from the bout though homey
            Done. Fat Dan strikes again

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6645782

But yeah, that's not the 'official' revenue, but the one with Ellerbe rubbing Floyd's chest in print is

Comment

Dan said this on October 28th

virtually matched those of Pacquiao-Shane Mosley in May (official numbers were not released for that fight)
              http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...e-million-buys

Comment

Originally posted by LupinIII View Post
                So that begs the questions- why did he report those numbers as if they were official and why did he do the same exact thing for floyd-ortiz? HBO hasn't said a word about the buys, and they ALWAYS have the figure 5-7 days, 10 days MAX after the event. Read that release again, and tell me who 'released' the numbers 2 and 1/2 months after eerie silence. Then tell me how they're 'official'.

I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Artician View Post
                  It would probably do more than Ortiz-Mayweather. UFC's card is not on the same timeslot so there;s no conflict. Pac is bigger than Floyd in terms of popularity and he's fighting his rival, his true nemesis, Marquez who's bigger than Ortiz.
                  +1

Pac-JMM trilogy = big #

Comment

The last time they fought, I believe it did around 600,000 PPV's. Marquez' popularity rose a bit when he fought Mayweather though, and Pacquiao has gotten much more popular as well. Let's compare recent PPV's between Mayweather and Pac.

Manny:
                    De La Hoya- 1.2 million
                    Hatton- 800,000
                    Cotto- 1.25 million
                    Clottey- 700,000
                    Margarito- 1.15 million
                    Mosley- 1.3 million (NO OFFICIAL NUMBERS WERE RELEASED)

Floyd:
                    De La Hoya- 2.4 million
                    Hatton- 915,000
                    Marquez- 1.1 million
                    Mosley- 1.4 million
                    Ortiz- 1.25 million

If Pacquiao-Marquez 3 doesn't break 1 million, I'd be surprised. Although, Mayweather has out sold Pac every time they have fought the same people. There's no way in hell Pac would be able to sell 1.25 million with Ortiz, not even close. I think Pac may be able to beat the 1.1 million Mayweather did with Marquez, but I hope OFFICIAL NUMBERS get released. Pacquiao-Mosley PPV numbers were only word of mouth from Arum alone, HBO and no analysts even commented or backed up what he said.

I think the fight will do around 1.1 million, possibly around what he did with Margarito. Marquez is popular, but not as much of a draw as Cotto and Margarito.

Bottom line...Mayweather is a slightly bigger draw than Pacquiao. Numbers don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                      The last time they fought, I believe it did around 600,000 PPV's. Marquez' popularity rose a bit when he fought Mayweather though, and Pacquiao has gotten much more popular as well. Let's compare recent PPV's between Mayweather and Pac.

Manny:
                      De La Hoya- 1.2 million
                      Hatton- 800,000
                      Cotto- 1.25 million
                      Clottey- 700,000
                      Margarito- 1.15 million
                      Mosley- 1.3 million (NO OFFICIAL NUMBERS WERE RELEASED)

Floyd:
                      De La Hoya- 2.4 million
                      Hatton- 915,000
                      Marquez- 1.1 million
                      Mosley- 1.4 million
                      Ortiz- 1.25 million

If Pacquiao-Marquez 3 doesn't break 1 million, I'd be surprised. Although, Mayweather has out sold Pac every time they have fought the same people. There's no way in hell Pac would be able to sell 1.25 million with Ortiz, not even close. I think Pac may be able to beat the 1.1 million Mayweather did with Marquez, but I hope OFFICIAL NUMBERS get released. Pacquiao-Mosley PPV numbers were only word of mouth from Arum alone, HBO and no analysts even commented or backed up what he said.

I think the fight will do around 1.1 million, possibly around what he did with Margarito. Marquez is popular, but not as much of a draw as Cotto and Margarito.

Bottom line...Mayweather is a slightly bigger draw than Pacquiao. Numbers don't lie.
                      Lupin bowed down. So maybe you can show me where HBO backed up what Ellerbe/Golden Boy said about Floyd-Ortiz, 1 and 1/2 months after the fight. 1 million points when you do.

Comment

Working...
                      X