Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali proved tonight how great Lennox Lewis is.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Those 'sloppy' overhand rights consistently connects on every opponent Vitali faces.
    I was talking about Lewis's right hand. Vitali's straight right hand always been quite sharp. Lewis was mostly throwing wild bombs against Vitali and he landed a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      I was talking about Lewis's right hand. Vitali's straight right hand always been quite sharp. Lewis was mostly throwing wild bombs against Vitali and he landed a lot of them.
      Vitali was there to brawl with Lewis and show who the Alpha was. He wasn't concerned with boxing and to be fair neither was Lewis which is why it was such a great brawl.

Comment

He did, but not enough to win the fight on the cards. It might have been different had Vitali had time to prepare for Lewis and not for an undercard fight though.

Comment

No... it was actually A KNIFE; Lewis had loaded his gloves with knives. FACT

Comment

He did, but not enough to win the fight on the cards. It might have been different had Vitali had time to prepare for Lewis and not for an undercard fight though.
            You can say that about both men. But then again, Vitali said he had prepared to fight Lewis his whole life and we know he stays in shape. We can't say the same about Lewis, who was training to face an unthreatening slob in Kirk Johnson and came in at 256 lbs, even heavier than when he showed up to get knocked out against Rahman.

At the pace they were fighting, neither man was really concerned about how it was being scored on the scorecards. Lewis landed some good punches at the end but looked tired while Vitali was cut up badly and holding on. I'm not so certain about how the fight would have went had it been allowed to continue.
            Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-10-2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

You can say that about both men. But then again, Vitali said he had prepared to fight Lewis his whole life and we know he stays in shape. We can't say the same about Lewis, who was training to face a unthreatening slob in Kirk Johnson.
              Both took the fight on short notice. You can't give Lewis a pass and not Vitali.

Comment

You can say that about both men. But then again, Vitali said he had prepared to fight Lewis his whole life and we know he stays in shape. We can't say the same about Lewis, who was training to face an unthreatening slob in Kirk Johnson and came in at 256 lbs, even heavier than when he showed up to get knocked out against Rahman.

At the pace they were fighting, neither man was really concerned about how it was being scored on the scorecards. Lewis landed some good punches at the end but looked tired while Vitali was cut up badly and holding on. I'm not so certain about how the fight would have went had it been allowed to continue.
                Pretty much why it's such a shame that we didnt get the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                  Both took the fight on short notice. You can't give Lewis a pass and not Vitali.
                  I was not giving him a pass, instead responding to the opinion that Vitali may have been affected because of taking the fight on short notice. That goes for both.

Comment

I was not giving him a pass, instead responding to the opinion that Vitali may have been affected because of taking the fight on short notice. That goes for both.
                    It's a matter of opinion. It's a big difference preparing for an undercard fight and a fight for the biggest title in sports IMO.

Comment

Pretty much why it's such a shame that we didnt get the rematch.
                      It's somewhat of a shame but I do not see the big issue. It's not like Lewis continued fighting on while claiming to be the best, he retired and never came back. If you no longer feel able to fight the best around at a regular basis, you should retire, and that's what Lewis did. Vitali took over but the injuries hindered him.

Comment

Working...
                      X