Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones Jr. & Floyd Mayweather were the same natural weight who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Roy Jones Jr. & Floyd Mayweather were the same natural weight who wins?

Me and a buddy were talking some boxing and the top of Roy Jones vs Mayweather at the same natural weight (any weight class and they were the same weight and had the same skill set) and they had the same styles, who would win?

What do you guys think. This is basically a question about styles. Whos style would be more effective than the others? Whos boxing IQ and skill would dominate the other? Whos speed and defense would be more effective?

I would like some intelligent breakdowns and opinions of each fighters styles and advantages over the other and why those factors and attributes would allow that fighter to prevail.

NOTE: This is not a question on who would with if either moved up or down...I basically want to know which style would be more effective....so dont talk about who they fought and blah blah blah or take into consideration them at their REAL weight classes...styles makes fights so whos style is more superior if they were naturally at the same weight and both were at their peak/prime (@any weight)...
    Roy Jones Ko
    39.32%
    Roy Jones Decision
    29.91%
    Mayweather KO
    4.27%
    Mayweather Decision
    26.50%
    Last edited by Cash Cow; 05-16-2011, 12:17 AM.

Roy Jones was just pure athletic ability, he was actually a poor boxer in the technical sense.

It would probably be similar to Judah vs Mayweather. Jones would come out strong and then start getting picked apart in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfasthands View Post
      Roy Jones was just pure athletic ability, he was actually a poor boxer in the technical sense.

It would probably be similar to Judah vs Mayweather. Jones would come out strong and then start getting picked apart in the later rounds.
      lol nice joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfasthands View Post

Yeah I was thinking Floyd would eventually outbox Jones Jr. But it would be a close fight.
        Floyd by close UD

Comment

p4p Roy has faster hands than Floyd
          Roy hits harder with both hands too
          he'd butcher Floyd if they were the same size
          Roy by KO inside 9

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
            lol nice joke.
            ???? Explain

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
              Roy by KO inside 9
              But he didnt do that to James Toney...and Mayweather is a much better fighter than Toney. Also Mayweathers defense is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                Roy by KO inside 9
                I agree on Roy winning the fight.

He has faster hand speed, more power, better defense and better timing.

Floyd may be able to steal a couple rounds in the middle or end but I see Roy winning the majority of them.

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
                But he didnt do that to James Toney...and Mayweather is a much better fighter than Toney. Also Mayweathers defense is much better.
                ?? Didn't do what to Toney??

He outboxed him for 12 rounds and planted him on his ass... He's never been knocked out, even at Heavyweight... Mayweather was hurt by Corley...
                Last edited by Konstantin; 05-14-2011, 01:27 AM.

Comment

I'd say Floyd. Roy's unnatural physical abilities helped him dominate lesser opponents but when it comes down to skill, he was lacking in a few categories. Floyd would not dominate Roy, but he'd probably win. I'm about 60%leaning towards Floyd. The only reason is because Roy's speed and power could catch anybody slippin at any given time and we all know what happens when Roy catches you slippin.

Comment

Mayweather wins. Easily too.

Jones in his prime had speed and athleticism.

Mayweather in his prime had everything. He was better in every aspect of the game than Roy Jones. Well, maybe not show boating that's for sure. Not only that but Jones's style against defensive fighters is very linear. He leaves himself open for shots quite often, but his opponents never wanted to take the risks.

Comment

Working...
                    X