Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At Least DLH's Legacy Is Still Intact...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
    Well, Oscar is 34 and almost beat Floyd. It's pretty easy to see in my eyes that prime for prime, Oscar beats Floyd.

However, pound for pound, since Floyd is smaller, I would say Floyd is a little bit better prime for prime.
    Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
    That is true. I do feel its unfortunate that Oscar was kind of robbed against Tito and Mosley in their rematch. If it wasn't for the bad scoring he would have two great wins more on his record.
    for real. Did you see some of those combinations oscar was hitting Trinidad with. seriously when I want to remember what PPV boxing is all about I watch that fight. That round six of that fight is all you need to see if you want to remember just how good DLH ever was. The jab and straight rights he was catching tito with, how tito would get ripped up on the inside when he'd press the action with hybrid hook uppercuts and short rights, and then finish the combo off with long straight rights when Tito feels that fire and moves away. One combo in that round was like, Tito moves in, DLH lands a left uppercut/hook hybrid and a short right, bumps tito flush. tito bobs down a little bit, hurt, dlh follows with another blocked left uppercut hook hybrid and then a flush long straight right hand as tito steps away. Then, the most beautiful combination youll ever see in any prize fight,

dlh throws a jab, straight right, upstairs, both land, follows with a left hook to body, right hook to body, all big shots, all land flush, then a flush big left hook upstairs and then evasively steps away, tito felt that ****. when I want to see some good boxing I watch that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SquareCircle View Post
      for real. Did you see some of those combinations oscar was hitting Trinidad with. seriously when I want to remember what PPV boxing is all about I watch that fight. That round six of that fight is all you need to see if you want to remember just how good DLH ever was. The jab and straight rights he was catching tito with, how tito would get ripped up on the inside when he'd press the action with hybrid hook uppercuts and short rights, and then finish the combo off with long straight rights when Tito feels that fire and moves away. One combo in that round was like, Tito moves in, DLH lands a left uppercut/hook hybrid and a short right, bumps tito flush. tito bobs down a little bit, hurt, dlh follows with another blocked left uppercut hook hybrid and then a flush long straight right hand as tito steps away. Then, the most beautiful combination youll ever see in any prize fight,

dlh throws a jab, straight right, upstairs, both land, follows with a left hook to body, right hook to body, all big shots, all land flush, then a flush big left hook upstairs and then evasively steps away, tito felt that ****. when I want to see some good boxing I watch that fight.
      Do u mean when u wanna watch a good 5 or 6 rds of a fight, u watch that one fight? what about the last half of the fight? do u watch that portion as well? Trinidad was never a complete boxer. he was outboxed in most of his big fights as well(even Vargas did well against him). But he had the power to get a guy out of there if they got sloppy. DLH got tired from expending so much enery in the early to mid rds and didnt want to get take out in the later rds, therefore he ran(now what he did in that fight was real running). Not moving to get in position like real boxers do, HE LITERALLY WAS RUNNING! and you call that great?

Comment

Everyone except the judges think he beat Tito and Mosley in the rematch. He was competitive in every fight he lost. He was a great fighter. And atleast he had the oppurtunity to face great fighters.

Floyd has never fought a great fighter. NEVER...

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Everyone except the judges think he beat Tito and Mosley in the rematch. He was competitive in every fight he lost. He was a great fighter. And atleast he had the oppurtunity to face great fighters.

Floyd has never fought a great fighter. NEVER...
          Less than a third of the ringside press scored Mosley 2 for DLH

Comment

Oscar's jab was working for him, and he stopped using it.
            IMO that makes him a long way away from being a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
              OscarRan in the tito fight... but didnt throw punches... Should have been watching more Floyd back then.
              THis makes a lot of sense!

Comment

I actually will remember him as that.

The guy who lost to Mosley, Pernell, Ike, Felix (the other one), Bernard and now Floyd. He coasted against Tito in his biggest fight, and got a slim decision, but not on the judge's cards.

Comment

Why do people hate DLH so much?

Comment

Working...
                  X