Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Lucian Bute damaged goods when he fought Pascal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is that it's funny how people turn on a fighter over one night. You could tell everyone thought froch was gunna get beat even myself. As soon as froch was hitting him with the slow ass screwshots on the ropes and Eddie Hearn dived in the ring before the fight was even over you could see everyone abandoning the bandwagon. Imo bute was a good fighter I just think he got beaten by the better man and now he has mentality problems.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      @ you acting like you'd credit the win the same if it were ward.

"bute was a great win."
      exit union jack.
      "bute was a bum."
      I just called Bute a bum in this thread dummy

Obviously he wasn't a bum because there was something in his style that Ward clearly didn't fancy. I don't see Ward doing the same thing to Bute as what Froch did.

When have I ever even discredited Andre Ward? I don't have this weird obsession with Ward/Froch like you do. You post about it in every thread even if it's in no way related.

I guess when you venture off the topic, you say things like "Shawn Porter would KO Mayweather"

Stay in your comfort zone, Peter.
      Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 02-05-2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        there's a lot to consider. for one, it was made clear early on that lucian bute wasn't going to get a free shot at the winner of the super six, and he shouldn't.
        Which is an absolutely ridiculous and laughable notion

That's what happens when you're the top guy....a new challenger emerges and you fight them. If Bute wasn't worth of a Ward shot then who at 168 was?

"he wasn't gonna get a free shot doe" - What the fuk is that?

Ward turned down an apparently easy fight for huge money. Fought Dawson for less and then sat on the shelf for 2 years. Great career move.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I will laugh if he beats Stevenson and I can genuinely see it happening.

He lacks some intangibles but Bute is a good pure boxer, probably a level above Stevenson in that respect.
          Stevenson's boxing ability is very overrated. His entire reputation as a "good boxer" is based on the Cloud fight, and frankly, anyone C+ with some lateral movement can outbox Cloud.

I agree, Bute may give Stevenson a much tougher fight than expected.

Comment

Froch seemed to beat the fight out of Bute who was a very good fighter before Froch ruined him. Against Pascal he hardly threw any punches. The old Bute would have defeated Pascal in my opinion. Pascal lunges in wide open and fights in spurts. His stamina is poor but he has speed and power. Kovalev won't need long to knock Pascal out.

Comment

He was at best a c+ fighter. Froch just made him realize what a lot of us already knew, he's average.

Comment

Working...
              X