Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's style is a nightmare for ANYONE. He is the next P4P #1.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Don't get me wrong... dude looked good in his fight with Froch.... but I agree with everyone who's saying he tried to turn it into a wrestling match.
    Could you see Froch's corner shock as they realized Ward would play along the inside fight (Froch's original plan) but do it better? They were totally expecting a slick boxer who would jab and move until he tires but instead they got someone who set a perfect trap from them.

Comment

Maybe true but when you take into consideration he has yet to face anyone with actaul foot and hand speed so he has not had to adjust his style to neutralize that.While he is fast he certainly isn't the fastest fighter in the division and not even second.His performance against Kessler was more impressive than this.He is clearly an excellent fighter but doesn't have that feeling of invincilblity.He was visibly tired in the last quarter of the fight my impression of this was bcse he had to stay on the outside more than usual causing him to move more and his legs began to tire when he wasn't as comfortable on the inside as much bcse it took away his advantage of speed allowing Froch an closer more stable target.Fight someone who can punch with form and who isn't a tortoise then...

Comment

To me, Ward's skills were low, froch did not take advatage of a lot of offense, took a lot of jabs and hits without following up.

Ward looked off with bad footwork and low accuracy hitting froch as low volume froch was throwing.

This fight did make ward look better than in the past, but to me, this was because Froch did not make it more competative by thorwing punches and looking extra slow.

Comment

Ward is a great fighter but I think people are overrating him.

Because Froch was never really that good. He's got some nice swooping punches but not even close in terms of speed, defense or athleticism to even match Ward. He looked like an old man in there.

Yet I'm certain Lucian Bute can beat Ward. He's not only got one punch knockout power and incredible body shots but he's also just as fast if not more (and he uses his speed to get a knockout, not a clinching 12 round decision)

Comment

you know i was unaware that your physical attributes, and potentialities are what people ranked on, i thought it was your recent performance....

kessler, green, abraham, then froch, oh and he chose to take on bika in the middle there, pretty sure hes got a decent claim to be on the p4p list, above PBF? nah, MP? Nah, Donaire? Nah, Gamboa? Nah, Martinez? certainly

talking about his speed, or power, or any of that means nothing in p4p rankings, it is how your recent performance stacks up against the rest of the boxing world and andre ward has been fighting the top guys in his division for the past few years and barely losing more than a couple rounds per fight

Comment

Originally posted by 2012 View Post
              Ward is a great fighter but I think people are overrating him.

Because Froch was never really that good. He's got some nice swooping punches but not even close in terms of speed, defense or athleticism to even match Ward. He looked like an old man in there.

Yet I'm certain Lucian Bute can beat Ward. He's not only got one punch knockout power and incredible body shots but he's also just as fast if not more (and he uses his speed to get a knockout, not a clinching 12 round decision)

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
              you know i was unaware that your physical attributes, and potentialities are what people ranked on, i thought it was your recent performance....

kessler, green, abraham, then froch, oh and he chose to take on bika in the middle there, pretty sure hes got a decent claim to be on the p4p list, above PBF? nah, MP? Nah, Donaire? Nah, Gamboa? Nah, Martinez? certainly

talking about his speed, or power, or any of that means nothing in p4p rankings, it is how your recent performance stacks up against the rest of the boxing world and andre ward has been fighting the top guys in his division for the past few years and barely losing more than a couple rounds per fight
              Yup, and now you can add athlete of the year award to the list of accolades.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post

Yup, and now you can add athlete of the year award to the list of accolades.
                He has a boring-as-fuck personality and a boring-as-fuck fighting style and therefor will never be considered p4p #1.

Comment

p4p is a popularity contest, and it's imaginary
                  people emphasize it too much here
                  Wlad is boxing's most dominant man, Ward is right behind him though
                  they should rightfully be #1 and #2
                  Wlad's simply been dominating his division a lot longer
                  Ward's beaten better guys though

Comment

From the first time I watched Ward box I knew he was very very special. He is highly skilled ,but in a quiet clever way.He is different to Mayweather but he has a lot of his qualities. I don't see anyone out there capable of beating him.

Comment

All has to do is hang out at 168, not lose and the number one spot is pretty much his. It might take a bit but time really is on his side when you look at who he has to pass, plus there aren't that many obvious threats to him if he gets by Dawson, Andre Dirrell always seemed like a bad match-up for him but how long is it going to take for Dirrell to get people to really call for that fight if ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X