No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Welcome a Chavez Jr. PPV Head To Head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Welcome a Chavez Jr. PPV Head To Head

Chepo Reynoso, the co-trainer and manager of WBC junior middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, is not intimidated by the recent news that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is planning to defend his WBC middleweight title on same night and in the same city.

[Click Here To Read More]

The dates will change for sure; this is all talk.

Comment

if Ortiz loses or looks bad, GBP will change the day.

personally I'd rather watch Chavez vs Martinez, only because Chavez might have a chance at beating Martinez.

Canelo is all hype IMO. Canelo only fights washed up former champs like Mosley or fights smaller guys who have never fought at that weight like Hatton. all the Canelo fanboys will be pissed to hear that but it's true. I'd like to see Alvarez actually fight somebody ranked in his disivion, that'd be a start.

Comment

I think they'll run on the same day still, but try and have the main events run at different time.

Still though, even if that were the case, I don't know many people who are going to shell out $120 for one night of boxing.

Neither fight should even be PPV, in my opinion.

Comment

this is great. i dis like arum even more. chavez jr has the better opponet but canelo is the ****. if victor ortiz lowers the boom on lopez them thats the better fight because chavez jr is garbage and has'nt fought nobody.i'm in shock that he did'nt duck martinez again. its not to late jr. you still have the making weight excuse to use

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post

personally I'd rather watch Chavez vs Martinez, only because Chavez might have a chance at beating Martinez.

Canelo is all hype IMO. Canelo only fights washed up former champs like Mosley or fights smaller guys who have never fought at that weight like Hatton. all the Canelo fanboys will be pissed to hear that but it's true. I'd like to see Alvarez actually fight somebody ranked in his disivion, that'd be a start.
            well he is still mad young and we cant act like he didnt just sign to fight both Williams & Kirkland. I think he's on the right path

Comment

So you can honestly say Jr is has fought top competition? Jr has 46 fights and I never heard of any of the cans he has been fighting. I’m not here to hype Canelo but please don’t say Jr has been executing top competition his whole career.

At least GBP has way better under cards than TR. TR better put some big names on there undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                this is great. i dis like arum even more. chavez jr has the better opponet but canelo is the ****. if victor ortiz lowers the boom on lopez them thats the better fight because chavez jr is garbage and has'nt fought nobody.i'm in shock that he did'nt duck martinez again. its not to late jr. you still have the making weight excuse to use
                I agree flint...im surprised to but there is still a few months before the fight you never know. Jr. might test positive or use a BS excuse to get out of the fight.

Comment

And exactly what champs has jr faced old or young? Hasnt he faced smaller guys too tested positive for steroids and still refuses to take a piss test.

It aint like canelo busted out with a ***** move like jr he signed to fight williams kirkland and cotto dont want to fight till later it looks like his not the ***** like jr. I wouldnt be surprised if jr *****es with the weight excuse or ppv excuse

Comment

The Racket Squad: Arum's Fever

Top Rank will blink.

Bob Arum has enough of a publicity problem without taunting Golden Boy during it's most substantial promotion in a long time.
                    Bob's greed will be placed on parade as he will not desire to share the spotlight as he approaches his ancient years.

In addition, as good as Ortiz can be when pushed, he is still a questionable opponent for Saul.
                    He still needs to get past Lopez and in this strange period and phase of judging, a victory is not a given.

Martinez/ Chavez Jr. could be truly dramatic stuff in the age of a Tim Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                    X