Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Rigo and GGG(GOLOVKIN) highly regarded by posters yet Canelo is criticized?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    The fact that he got the WBC belt by fighting Hatton still fucks my head up.
    That's not all, it was at a 150 catchweight that Canelo missed by 1.5lbs

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      I'm pretty sure that Rhodes was also WBC #2 or #3. However, that's the only true 154lber that he's defended his title against so far. The fact that he got the WBC belt by fighting Hatton still fucks my head up. Mosley/Gomez/Lopez make Cintron look like a great opponent, but he definitely wasn't.
      I agree his comp needs to step up and it appears it is,Trout seems to be next...and people forget he wanted Paul Williams and Kirkland last year only for Williams to be tragically hurt and Kirkland went full ******,so he tried to settle for Ortiz but he got his **** pushed in so we were stuck with Lopez..then he wanted Cotto but he lost to Trout now it seems we got Trout

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        In 2013 all trolls will be put on ignore,so if you can not reply to the thread like an adult just leave
        Why you get mad..he said the true...you are posting something that ppl in mental balance don't talk..if you are a canelo fan don't touch that part...everybody know canelo..and you are comparing him against the opposite...canelo can't be compared...I never seen nothing like that..

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          A lot of guys have passed on the 2 GG dates. Sturm, NJikam didn't wanna fight him earlier, Geale dropped a belt. Rigo with his 11 fights takes whoever they line up for him, and he's got Donaire coming up with lame excuses for whatever reason. Meanwhile Canelo has had the most cherrypicking title run in recent memory. It's not even close.
          My respect to you man..I know you left your bias aside..not many ppl have strength to do that..my deeply respect..

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
            Why you get mad..he said the true...you are posting something that ppl in mental balance don't talk..if you are a canelo fan don't touch that part...everybody know canelo..and you are comparing him against the opposite...canelo can't be compared...I never seen nothing like that..
            no no i get mad when they try to turn threads into floyd threads,we are here to debate bout canelo and rigo and ggg...yes he can be compared thats why i made the thread

Comment

Rico Ramos and Ricardo Cordoba are more legitimate than anyone Canelo has fought and this is coming from someone not fond of Rigo. Not his fault his fight against a top 10 fighter in Poonsawat was cancelled.

The fact that the likes of Sturm, Pirog and N'Jikam have avoided fighting GGG for real/unreal reasons if more legitimate than anything Canelo has achieved.

Canelo is criticised because he holds a paper title and carefully selects his opponents a la Mayweather and even takes it a step further by picking from weight classes below. A sheer hoax if there ever was one.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                no no i get mad when they try to turn threads into floyd threads,we are here to debate bout canelo and rigo and ggg...yes he can be compared thats why i made the thread
                Ok man..but you just gonna get hurt....I know you are a full of emotions huge boxing fan that is why I say it....you just gonna get comments attacking your thread cuz the subject that you are trying to sell us is to far from the true...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                  My respect to you man..I know you left your bias aside..not many ppl have strength to do that..my deeply respect..
                  I was never anti Rigo, just thought some of the Cubans came on a bit strong with the Rigo hype, you in particular. And Donaire regularly gets disrespected. But, I've always thought Donaire was a bit of a whiner, and he's doing just that when Rigo gets brought up. IMO Donaire wins, but will be made to look stupid at times, and maybe that bothers him.

Comment

Because they weren't handled a title for free. Canelo won his title by fighting Matthew Hatton who wasn't even in the division.

GGG has been ducked and that's a fact. Felix Sturm pulled off one of the most blatant ducks in recent memory. How long was Golovkin supposed to fight him? Two years! GGG was Sturm's mandatory since 2010. Then when Daniel Geale beat Sturm, he blatantly ducked Golvokin as well, instead choosing to fight Anthony Mundine (despite being stripped of his belt) and later Sam Soliman.

Rigondeaux despite 11 fights earned his respect. He's beaten two title holders already.
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 01-02-2013, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                      Rico Ramos and Ricardo Cordoba are more legitimate than anyone Canelo has fought and this is coming from someone not fond of Rigo. Not his fault his fight against a top 10 fighter in Poonsawat was cancelled.

The fact that the likes of Sturm, Pirog and N'Jikam have avoided fighting GGG for real/unreal reasons if more legitimate than anything Canelo has achieved.

Canelo is criticised because he holds a paper title and carefully selects his opponents a la Mayweather and even takes it a step further by picking from weight classes below. A sheer hoax if there ever was one.
                      Sturm (the #2 MW at the time) was avoiding Golovkin like the plague. He didn't even accept GGG's offer for a title shot after he lost to Geale, and we all know that Golovkin would have no problem traveling to Germany to fight either.

Golovkin/Rigondeaux are gradually becoming popular because the top guys in their division would rather pretend like they don't exist. Not only that, but they are talented and have extensive amateur experience. Golovkin's style is much more accessible than Rigo's, but even then, Rigo was able to get a title shot in 9 fights.

Take the title off Canelo and I wouldn't criticize GBP's matchmaking as much.

Comment

Working...
                      X