No announcement yet.

Answers for newbies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
    This is helpful. I still don't understand alot of it like how to bet, but I will figure it out.
    To bet, you go back to the main page that shows all the different forums. Go to the Fantasy Betting forum. In there, someone will start a thread on an up coming fight and tell you the minimum you can bet and what the odds are. You will need more points to bet, The very least they usually bet in there are in the millions. You'll have to see if one of the high rollers will start you out with some points like they did for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH
      I've explained this over and over again so I figured I would make a thread that hopefully will be stickied here so that everyone knows how the current karma system works.

What is karma?

You can leave positive (green) or negative (red) karma for users you agree or disagree with by clicking on the "karma" button below any user's (unless they have been banned) post. If you are in the thunder dome the karma button is the "rep" button under the avatar of the user because the Thunderdome is in an odd format.

There are a few different ways that you can get your karma level up.

1. It increases by 1 point every 500 posts you make. This is another reason you see people spamming in the many "multiply your points" threads.

2. It increases by 1 point for every 100,000 rep points you receive. So if you get hit by 5 old school members with 21,000+ rep power, you will gain one point. Or if you get hit by one of the moderators, you will get 2 points because they have 200k rep power.

3. Your rep power increases by 1 point for every year you've been a member.

4. You can purchase the "post count + 50" option in the vbplaza to get you close to 500 and then use real posts to get you over the 500 mark. If you simply buy the option without using real posts to get you over the mark, it will not bump your rep up.

Another thing I've noticed is that if you have a new account and you get some green karma once you hit 50 posts you will have +1 rep power with one little green square.

If you have a red bar or zero rep power if you try to give another poster red or green it will just appear as grey (some say purple) in your User CP. So people who have zero rep shouldn't even bother giving any karma because it doesn't do anything other than give them a message to read. Some people don't like it if you give them grey karma.

If you are wondering how in the hell some posters have 21k+ rep power it's because the karma system was much different back in the early 2000's. Some quotes from old school members. The moderators now have the 21k+ rep power.

If anyone knows something that I didn't mention or if I got anything wrong in my explanation, let me know and I will add or edit accordingly.
      Great info. I didn't even know half of this stuff.

Comment

I was wondering, do you only get interest for points in the bank? Because my points not in the bank seems to be going up too.

Comment

Originally posted by messenger View Post
          I was wondering, do you only get interest for points in the bank? Because my points not in the bank seems to be going up too.
          Every time you post you get points. Also if anyone responds to your thread you get points. I believe you also get a little bit of points for being logged on. Those points are minimal however.

Comment

And the bigger the post, the more points you get.

Comment

How do I go about transferring my epoints to a swiss bank account?

Comment

Can I find out who gave me red k? It's like -2800 rep points because he didn't like a post of mine. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschool5 View Post
                  Can I find out who gave me red k? It's like -2800 rep points because he didn't like a post of mine. Thanks
                  See User CP above to the left. That will show you the last five reps you have received.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    See User CP above to the left. That will show you the last five reps you have received.
                    Thanks for the help!

Comment

I green'd you but didn't change anything, must have been someone packing heavy e-artillery that hit you.

Comment

Working...
                      X