Marcos maidana vs Devon Alexander 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcos maidana vs Devon Alexander 2

who wins and how

Devon won every single round in their first fight. Honestly it was embarrassing how Devon boxed maidana's head off while Maidana was desperately trying to catch him. People under-rate Devon too much now days when his only defeats are to Bradley, Khan and Porter who are all top level fighters. If Maidana and Alexander fight again, It's an Alexander UD, no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by English Lion View Post
      Devon won every single round in their first fight. Honestly it was embarrassing how Devon boxed maidana's head off while Maidana was desperately trying to catch him. People under-rate Devon too much now days when his only defeats are to Bradley, Khan and Porter who are all top level fighters. If Maidana and Alexander fight again, It's an Alexander UD, no doubt about it.
      He lost to Matthysse and Kotelnik as well. Alexander is okay, but people properly rate him. He's a decent contender.

Alexander might beat Maidana again, I can see how the style matchup is tough for him, but I've never seen Maidana fight worse than he did in that fight. He looked so lazy and uninspired. I can't help but think there is no way it goes the same way again in a rematch, because I know Maidana is so much better than how he fought that night. We've seen it since. At the very least the rematch wouldn't be so one-sided.

Comment

When you hear the term styles make fights, this is the classic example. Devon just matches up favorably against Maidana. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Would be an impressive accomplishment and a good way for Maidana to come back if he avenges the loss to Alexander in December or January next year, but Chino's next fight, no matter who he fights, should be at a catchweight, at least 150, if he makes 147 he won't win the fight.

Comment

Maidana get out boxed easly again

Comment

Maidana still fights? If not I hope he was smart with his Mayweather retirement package deal.

Comment

Maidana is a completely reinvented beast from those days.

Devon doesnt see the finishing bell.

Comment

I think Maidana is a better fighter now though I don't think he quite wants it as badly as he did against Broner and Floyd. In fact, I'm not yet confident what we will see in his return. I wouldn't blame him for wanting a tune up.

Tough fight again for Maidana, one I would love to see.

Comment

Would bet all my life savings on Maidana. Maidana is a different fighter now with Robert Garcia, he uses his jab to close the distance and follows up with better combos. Before, he would just swing as wild as he could

Comment

Working...
                    X