No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rebuilding Andre Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rebuilding Andre Berto

By Thomas Gerbasi - Saturday is the first day of the rest of Andre Berto’s boxing life.

Melodramatic? Possibly. True? Most definitely. But despite being a little over a month shy of his 30th birthday, the former welterweight champion’s future in the sport will likely be dictated by what should be a winnable outing against Mexico’s Jesus Soto Karass in Texas this weekend.

It’s his first fight since a competitive but crushing loss to Robert Guerrero, third since losing his 147-pound title in a 2011 Fight of the Year candidate against Victor Ortiz, and first since leaving longtime trainer Tony Morgan for Virgil Hunter. It’s also a pattern followed by many fighters over the years: reach a certain point in your career, have some success, lose a couple fights, try to get cute and bring new things to the table stylistically, and when that doesn’t work, switch trainers.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. At the moment, Berto – whose Floyd Mayweather-esque shoulder roll in the Guerrero fight didn’t prevent him from two trips to the canvas – is confident that he made the right call in taking his camp from Florida to the Bay Area. [Click Here To Read More]

are they rebuilding him with older peds then when he fails the test claim that the peds are so old that it doesnt really count as a failed test?

Comment

You gotta say Andre Berto's name with an spanish accent lol. Andre PED'to lol

Comment

I was never a fan of Berto's, especially after he struggled so much in his fight against Louie (Collazo). After that fight, excellent BTW, I knew he would have trouble! I WANTED to see that Mosley vs Berto fight at the time but now... meh! He just doesn't do it for me...

Should be an Ok fight this one.

Comment

I wanna say Berto will make a comeback...but he never came anywhere. Lets just say he will shape up into a good fighter.

Comment

Berto is setting up Mayweather vs Soto-Karass.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle1 View Post
              I was never a fan of Berto's, especially after he struggled so much in his fight against Louie (Collazo). After that fight, excellent BTW, I knew he would have trouble! I WANTED to see that Mosley vs Berto fight at the time but now... meh! He just doesn't do it 4 me.
              Amen 2 That... U & Me Both

Comment

Working...
              X