Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Counterpunchers in History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised Hopkins hasn't had a mention yet.

I guess i just did........

Most of Hopkins best performances were counter punching clinics.

Trinidad, Tarver, Pavlik. He really made these guys pay for trying to hit him lol.
    Last edited by Pugilistic™; 07-27-2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;10907396]

This is your response to everything you can't see and it has already been refuted. In other words you're saying EVERYBODY is lying. Lol!!!

How did the newspaper and magazine articles sound when Ali Lost to Holmes? How about when Tyson lost to Douglas? Louis against Walcott the first time? I can go on and on showing you how your opinion holds little water.

So out of all those links 1 or 2 are actual fights in their entirety and not highlights

You can make ANYBODY look like god with a bunch of highlights and 2 or 3 of their fights
      Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 07-27-2011, 09:40 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=SCtrojansbaby;10908566]
        Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So out of all those links 1 or 2 are actual fights in their entirety and not highlights
        Maybe you should just watch them instead of trying to figure out a way not to look ridiculous because you opened your mouth and they were available on youtube the whole time. I would bet posters like Poet, Obama and others have even more of Charles fights. It doesn't take watching a whole fight to see how a fighter actually fights. Especially when there is film of him against multiple opponents. Like I said, you should be thanking me for opening your eyes to this instead trying to come up with excuses. There are plenty of fights I haven't seen, but I don't just run off and say they don't exist because I've never seen them. Keep an open mind son.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;10908613]
          Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post

Maybe you should just watch them instead of trying to figure out a way not to look ridiculous because you opened your mouth and they were available on youtube the whole time. I would bet posters like Poet, Obama and others have even more of Charles fights. It doesn't take watching a whole fight to see how a fighter actually fights. Especially when there is film of him against multiple opponents. Like I said, you should be thanking me for opening your eyes to this instead trying to come up with excuses. There are plenty of fights I haven't seen, but I don't just run off and say they don't exist because I've never seen them. Keep an open mind son.
          There is definitely more than what you posted.

My father had plenty and my uncle still has plenty of tapes of Ezzard Charles.

Comment

[QUOTE=IronDanHamza;10908754]

There is definitely more than what you posted.

My father had plenty and my uncle still has plenty of tapes of Ezzard Charles.

I figured as much. I've seen all the youtube stuff but knew there had to be more from such a talent rich era. Charles was fortunate to have decent management that kept getting him good fights even tough he never got his shot at lightheavy.

Comment

No Tyson or Joe Louis? Get outta here with that list.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;10908613]

So how many full fights of Charles have YOU seen? If it isn't AT VERY LEAST 5 then its just plain delusional for you to be rating him

Comment

[QUOTE=SCtrojansbaby;10909293]

So how many full fights of Charles have YOU seen? If it isn't AT VERY LEAST 5 then its just plain delusional for you to be rating him

Why is that, because you say so? You didn't even know any of his fights existed outside of one of the Marciano fights but know you're an expert in how to rate a fighter? Sorry SC, but there's a lot more to rating a fighter than just seeing a guys fights. It's unfortunate you cannot grasp that and a major reason you are seen as so ignorant in this section.

Comment

[QUOTE=JAB5239;10910507]

Why is that, because you say so? You didn't even know any of his fights existed outside of one of the Marciano fights but know you're an expert in how to rate a fighter? Sorry SC, but there's a lot more to rating a fighter than just seeing a guys fights. It's unfortunate you cannot grasp that and a major reason you are seen as so ignorant in this section.
                    Like reading a newspaper article? What a dumb thing to say.

Comment

[QUOTE=SCtrojansbaby;10910614]

Like reading a newspaper article? What a dumb thing to say.

Like knowing about their era and competition, the restrictions they may have been put under and how often they fought. You always cry about people insulting you before you do them, but that is simply a lie. Your knowledge of this sport is so lacking you always feel the need to make a snide remark to cover it up. Go ahead, keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X