Steve Cofield of Yahoo sports weighs in heavily on Arum and Pac vs Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Cofield of Yahoo sports weighs in heavily on Arum and Pac vs Mosley

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/blog/box...urn=box-298214

We're probably days, if not hours away from the official announcement that Cinco de Mayo weekend in Las Vegas will be highlighted by Filipino Manny Pacquiao facing American Shane Mosley.

"SugarShaneM" Tweeting with @lennoxlew1s indicated that the May 7 fight was a done deal.

That's right, Mosley, who fought to a draw with Sergio Mora and got steamrolled by Floyd Mayweather, will get the next "Pac-Man" fight. We can't wait for the pitch on this one. Bet you it won't sound like this.

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son," [Bob Arum said in SI.com item on Sept. 20 after hearing about Mosley's lackluster fight with Mora.]

Pacquiao's promoter believed that Mosley was too old and wouldn't be of interest to fans. Arum continued in SI.com:

"I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age.

"It's like (Bernard) Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we're beginning to see with Mosley."

Arum changed his mind, have you?

This fight sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post

We're probably days, if not hours away from the official announcement that Cinco de Mayo weekend in Las Vegas will be highlighted by Filipino Manny Pacquiao facing American Shane Mosley.

"SugarShaneM" Tweeting with @lennoxlew1s indicated that the May 7 fight was a done deal.

That's right, Mosley, who fought to a draw with Sergio Mora and got steamrolled by Floyd Mayweather, will get the next "Pac-Man" fight. We can't wait for the pitch on this one. Bet you it won't sound like this.

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son," [Bob Arum said in SI.com item on Sept. 20 after hearing about Mosley's lackluster fight with Mora.]

Pacquiao's promoter believed that Mosley was too old and wouldn't be of interest to fans. Arum continued in SI.com:

"I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age.

"It's like (Bernard) Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we're beginning to see with Mosley."

Ouch, Arum and Team Pacman is taking up the ass big time from the media. Really, it was only a matter of time before this started happening. The end is near.

Comment

Mosley is no where near Hopkins' level.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
          This fight sucks.
          True...This fight sucks...If only a certain someone would fight Pac instead of beating up women or security guards...we wouldn't have to suffer this match.

Comment

Originally posted by lesterprettyboy View Post
            True...This fight sucks...If only a certain someone would fight Pac instead of beating up women or security guards...we wouldn't have to suffer this match.
            why do people always gotta bring up floyd ! he has nothing to do with this.. this is all about bob arum and his choice of opponents for pacquiao.. pacquiao couldve fouoght anyone else other then floyd instead hes fighting his left overs... SMH !

Comment

after he saw hopkins fight with pascal?

Comment

the only way I would say this isn't 100% outrageous, would be if it was scheduled for February or March.

Comment

Cofield is a joke in general, I wouldn't advertise his name even if you like this one entry.

Comment

i bet dan rafael the whale loves this fight
                    people will discredit steve for making a solid point just to slurp manny some more

Comment

Working...
                    X