No announcement yet.

Will you buy the Froch v Kessler PPV ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
    I agree it's probably not worth it. Should be a free fight.

I despise the loud mouth Froch, and mostly I don't trust fighters that get stronger as they age. At the tender age of 35, fighters have lost a lot of physical ability, not gained it. But if you don't have PED testing, why wouldn't a fighter like Froch start to cheat to help his career take off?

I don't want to give any money to an annoying ugly Brit like Froch. He talks waaaaay too much, and when he does he's always obnoxious. And taking credit away from Ward, after Ward kicked his ass, is just typical classless act from him.
    What are you doing in the thread then? Froch hasn't got stronger as he's aged, he has simply fought better opposition and got himself into the limelight. He's also drug-tested regularly.

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
    Brits hate Britain. Why do you think they flock to the US if they are lucky, and to Spain and the Gulf? Even most of the Brit celebs leave the country, as quickly as possible. It's gotta be tough, when the US appropriates all of your successful people, especially in the arts, all the successful actors, musicians, and artists are by default American. So the rest are mired in a country, everyone wants to leave.

It's the country of grey skies, bad food, and racists. Virtually every young Brit I've ever met, wants to leave for either NYC or LA. I don't blame them.
    Not much point in leaving grey skies and heading to NYC, it's just as grey and even colder. The celebs head to the US to make more money, same reason as the boxers. However, I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Froch v Kessler. I think you should grow up bro, some really small-minded stuff you've posted.

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
    Why? Froch vs Ward was on normal Sky Sports. Why is the second place play-off on PPV?
    Because Froch and Kessler are exciting fighters. People pay to be entertained not to be bored. Gatti wasn't always (ever?) No.1 but people went that extra mile to see him fight.

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
    Froch isn't that much bigger now. He's not a bigger name than Khan or Haye. Its more PPV worthy than most of their fights, granted. But I still don't see why its being overhyped by Eddie Hearn and co as if its some once in a lifetime event.
    It's Hearn's job to sell the fight, he's a promoter. Anyway, he's right, it's guaranteed entertainment.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      I've bought it. 500 DKK or 100 USD.

it costs you $86.1 to watch a kessler ppv?

damn...

that's dedication.
      Last edited by New England; 05-21-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        it costs you $86.1 to watch a kessler ppv?

damn...

that's dedication.
        I'm not watching what could be Kessler's final fight on a crappy stream. Yeah I think it's expensive, but boxing is obviously my no.1 hobby and the bill is shared with a couple of friends anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          I'm not watching what could be Kessler's final fight on a crappy stream. Yeah I think it's expensive, but boxing is obviously my no.1 hobby and the bill is shared with a couple of friends anyway.
          You should have made the trip to the UK!

Comment

no, i'm saving my money for raheem-justin juuko

Comment

I would but I don't have Sky digital

Comment

Thank the Gods(in my GOT voice)it's not PPV for me..

Comment

It's free here...regular HBO

Comment

I'll stream the fight between Andre Ward's leftovers for free.

Comment

Working...
                    X